cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Migration from Shell and billing confusion

George93
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have just received my first bill from Talk Talk after migrating from Shell. This is more than double my previous Shell bill and includes 3 elements:

• a monthly advance charge
  • a charge to cover the cost between Talk Talk go live and the first bill (which seems high given that i paid my shell bill quarterly in advance but i have no way of checking as i can't now access my Shell account online)
  • a 'one off' charge which appears to be for a quarterly advance payment (it is 3 x the cost of the monthly charge)

I tried contacting the online chat and ended up more confused. I don't understand why i have to pay both a monthly advance charge and a quarterly advance charge. And if, as the online chat person said, i am paying quartely in advance, why is this shown as a 'one off' charge?

Can anyone assist? I'm not sure if i am missing something or if the bill is acually wrong!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

@George93 you where billed quarterly by shell, this carries over to our billing system any overcharges are adjusted by the shell migration team after the bill is produced.

Did you speak to the migration team? 

0 Likes

DianeJR
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hello George... I'm also a Shell customer... at least you got billed.  I've been waiting (four months now ?) and still no evidence that I will ever be billed.  What a disgrace of a company.  I used to be with them around 2008 and I vowed never ever ever ever to join them again... and here I am ... another dissatisfied TT customer... the only reason I don't move is that when Post Office migrated to Shell I lost internet for 7 days.... hope you sort it out...

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Shell had all sorts of deals that don't exactly fit Talktalk's systems so you must clear this up with the Shell Migration team on Talktalk's customer service line: 

03451 720088 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes