cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Monthly Bill Suddenly Gone Up.

FlyingBrick3
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I am on Fibre65 and have been paying until my contract finishes on the 5th May 2023 £24.00 a month which included free UK calling.

My April bill 5.04.2023 was also £24.00 a month but now I have received a bill for £44.73 to be paid on the 9.05.2023? So why is there a £20.73 extra charge.

Had been a loyal customer for many years but now looking around for other company prices for the internet.

Can anybody explain to me why there is this price hike if my contract runs to the 5th May?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

FlyingBrick
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

HI FlyingBrick3

You have fallen out of contract meaning The anytime calls boost is no longer free and your discount has come to an end which is the reason for the increase. 

If you renew through the loyalty team now, you will have a credit applied on your next months bill.

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

@FlyingBrick3, out of contract you'll be paying £29.95 a month for Fibre65 and £16.00 for the full price Anytime Calls Boost. 

Screenshot_20230430-121556_Chrome.jpg

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/pricing

In recent weeks you should have received an email alerting you to the approach of the end of your current contract which would give you the option to move to the rolling monthly arrangement or set up a new contract through My Account  etc.

However, you are best to simply phone 03451 720088 or use Chat to fix up the best deal, and avoid TV being included, consider Supersafe,  Voicemail Plus  etc. Ask for discounted Anytime Calls.

Phone support opens Monday. 

Chat should be available today. Details of opening hours:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Renewals cannot be set up through the forum.

Cancellation requires a phone call. It also requires 30 days' notice unless it's a switch where the new company takes over your current line and you have requested to keep your phone number at the point of sale.

If you renew today, the new contract would come in force immediately and so not from the 5th, but the current bill would remain as previously prepared. The subsequent bill would credit back the difference. 

If you give notice to leave now, the billing also takes a couple of months to sort out as the current one cannot be changed.

Any refunds are credited back to My Account, from which you can reclaim the funds using the same details as for your Direct Debit. Keep the DD in place until after a final bill that comes in later for £0.00.

Check Ts&Cs, linked at the foot of the page.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi @FlyingBrick3 fundamentaly elements of your bill are in advance, particularly the free calls, so they will be charged from contract end, similarly your contracted rate could be higher. Never good news, sorry to be the bearer..

Your call has been escalated and you should hear tomorrow or Tuesday. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes