Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly bill

edwardwthompson
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Why has my bill shot up again in August?

Mr Thompson

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi @edwardwthompson

I can investigate , I first need to confirm some security questions. 

I have sent you a PM on the community. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

There's a queue for attention from staff, @edwardwthompson.

Your thread will be reached, either today or after the weekend, so there's absolutely no need to post 3 times!

I've cleared the two duplicate posts out of the way.

Staff can't help if you don't complete your community forum profile details, though.

This is for them to identify your account. Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard.

There can be all sorts of reasons for an increase in price. End of contract? End of boost discount? Notification of a price rise for these due to the end of a discount will have been sent with your regular billing emails. 

Separately, check your inbox / Spam box for a notification about an increase in the package price for Fibre65 or Fibre35,  for £2.50. You'll have been given 30 days' notice at the time to either leave without penalty, or respond to negotiate a better deal for yourself. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

@edwardwthompson  I have reported your second and third posts to the mods as unnecessary.

There are several reasons a bill could go up, end of a contracted period discount, boosts dropping off, calls made in excess of the free time allowance.

If it has changed by £2.50 that'll be the price rise notified by email around your billing date a month before the rise was effective.

As your bill is fully itemised in your online account, exactly what element has changed ?

Add your TT landline number to your profile and a staff member will advise further.