cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Nobody helping or answering phone

Holtfarm
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Tried 7 hours earlier and nobody answers phone ,it disconnects and sends mobile message  to chat on whatsapp. Explained my situation 10 times got nowhere 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Thank you I will ask the auto compensation team to investigate this.

0 Likes

Holtfarm
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

Yes that is correct the week I had no internet 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Yes that was the week I had no internet 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi @Holtfarm

Can i just confirm the dates of the fault which was 15.06.24  resolved 22.06.24.

Is this correct ?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Yes  - but it wasn't open today unless you are registered for specific accessibility needs.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Holtfarm
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 13

No that's always been the number I call 

Screenshot_20240804-141218_Phone.jpg

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

@Holtfarm, it was not quite right what the engineer told you: billing always continues as normal throughout the time of a fault.

If there's a complete loss of service, compensation should show, around a month after it was resolved. So this is what you are looking into:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

If you were trying to phone today, you will see that the phone number is only open for accessibility needs on Sundays. 

It's available every other day of the week for all purposes from 9am, till 7pm Monday to Friday. Till 6pm on Saturdays. 

If you are trying to cancel, that is the best method. Using Chat requires you to pick up a phone call anyway, so rather a faff, whereas calling 03451 720088 yourself at least you control the time.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Try phoning 0345 172 0088

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529#

TalkTalk will answer calls during the hours stated. Were you trying to phone and old Shell number, that may no longer be in service perhaps?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

My contract is over this month. I have tried to speak on the telephone all day , they do not take calls any more . I told u that before then you say it again to phone . I tried to for 8 hours nobody answered it goes to a WhatsApp text and then they don’t get it 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

I'll move this to the billing section which seems most appropriate.

They will also be able to confirm if your notice period has been accepted, but please note that if you are still in contract then penalty fees may apply.

If you still wish to give notice if not noted, then you will need to phone and speak to the loyalty team as notice cannot be given on this forum.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Holtfarm
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

The issue is, I had no internet last month for about a week. When TT was then answering the phone to customers . The Engineer checked and said it was an outside problem. They worked on it for a week. The manager said I would not have to pay for that week with no service it might not get put on next bill but will after. I've had 2 bills now and both had no reduction.  I've contacted TT by phone you cannot talk yo a human any more. And I've text on whatapp to them for 6 hours back and forward to get nowhere.  I've asked to be disconnected they read it but don't acknowledge the 30 day notice either 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

If you explain your issue here, staff will look into for you when they return tomorrow.

0 Likes