cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Paying someone elses bill using a credit card..

Stevie67
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Is it possible to go into another TT members account and pay their bill using a credit card on the "Make a Payment window," even though they have a Direct Debit set up?  It's just a temporary measure for a few months until they get back on their feet financially, but i'm not sure if it would accept a card from someone who isn't the account holder.   If you can, will this 'pre payment' ensure that nothing is taken out of the account holders bank each month?

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your response Arne.

I plan to leave a payment of around £100 which will cover approx 3 months in one go, and that will help the person out until they find another job.  Just something less for them to worry about at this time,  although i'm sure the person will resume payment by her already set up DD when things get back to normal.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Stevie67

It is possible to pay with a different card, as long as you pay around 3 days before the direct debit is requested it should be fine, ideally to stop the DD payment if you pay on the day the bill is produced nothing will be taken from the bank account.  Alternatively the customer can call us and ask to speak to the payment support team, who can help. 

Regards