cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Phantom phone charges

MarkRobbins
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Has this happened to anyone else? I recently received a bill including an 8 hour and £120 charge for a phone call from my land line to my mobile. Fairly sure that I did not spend eight hours talking to myself, but sometimes my landline won't disconnect after I put the phone down. This often happens after I receive a spam phone call ie. it won't disconnect even though I have disconnected it? It is as if my landline locked onto my mobile and would not let go. TalkTalk have not been very supportive tbh and would seem to want the money because it is a call to my mobile and obviously very profitable for them. Any advice... MPR

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi MarkRobbins

I can see the complaints team have now picked this up. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thanks for this. I am afraid to say that the staff with whom I have corresponded over the last couple of days may not help. The view is that a phone call has been made to a mobile from your land line whether you made it or not and therefore a charge will have to stand. For myself I am wondering what I was talking about (to myself) for over 8 hours! Perhaps Talk Talk can supply a transcript... MPR

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

There was a similar case just on Friday,  @MarkRobbins.

Hopefully there won't be too many and the tech people will sort it ASAP.

This is the similar case, but for much less money:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Charged-for-call-not-made-from-home-phone/td-p/3045101#M...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Sounds bad! I have moved this to the Billing section for you. 

If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bera in mind that they won't be bck online until Monday.