cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Charged for call not made from home phone

JackieI
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I have been charged for a call of 9 minutes in Sunday 3rd June from my home phone (which we don’t use for outgoing calls as we have mobiles) to my mobile. There are 3 of us in the house, we were all indoors at the time on Sunday pm and there would be no reason for me, my husband or my son to call my mobile as we were all together. In addition my mobile shows the recent history of incoming calls and shows nothing at all for Sunday afternoon. It’s not a huge charge but I don’t understand how this can happen. Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

MarkRobbins
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

This is very odd indeed. When I called 17070 (as requested) I could not get through at all- it is almost as if we have lost control of our landlines. As I hardly ever use mine (and just get spam calls during the day) I am wondering about disconnecting my phone from the wall and then we can't possibly be charged for calls from our landlines. Have other Talk Talk customers considered this option? MPR

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

@Arne-TalkTalk, there has been a similar case reported here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Phantom-phone-charges/td-p/3045673

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi JackieI

There was also a call to the same mobile on the 23rd May and calls made yesterday on the 6th to mobile numbers, so It appears that there is someone using the landline from your property. 

If you dial 17070 does the number that is read back match your landline number ending 0507

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Very odd, @JackieI.

I'll move this to the billing section. Hopefully it is not a problem with the phone service itself. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes