cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Price Increase not matching CPI

Dondatta
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

eceived an email stating my bill is going up by 3.7% and that means £2.08 for my package. This increase does not include any boosts or any discounts. 

If we use the full price of my bill including boosts then 3.7% is £2.10 for my package. But the email specifically states: "This increase does not include any Boosts, add-on services you currently have, or any discounts you receive on your account."

So without the boosts the actual broadband without any discounts is £40.95 and 3.7% of this is £1.51

So please can you tell me then why I am being charged above CPI?

Please can you also tell me why I spent over an hour on chat just for a person to not read a single message i sent and just keep sending me 3.7%!, 3.7%!. Is this the great customer service that TalkTalk offers? I wonder if Talk Talk would be happy if I paid 100% of my bill and by it paid £.0.0? 

Completely awful customer service. Something which should take 10 minute to explain led to an hour of me hitting my head against a brick wall and then not even being able to raise a complaint as the person does not know how to and then gave me an email address which does not work which when I did find a correct email address just says to go back on chat. Thank Goodness Talk Talk do not do a suicide hotline!

S. Ahmad
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

@Dondatta 

You should be adding 7.7% to the actual monthly price you were paying last month for your broadband, net of any discounts. So £27.00 previously, does that add up?

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

@Dondatta, ignore the boosts when it comes to this increase.

Whatever your core package for landline (before calls) is, plus Broadband, gets the CPI figure plus 3.7% added. CPI in December, published in January, was 4%.

So the total increase is 7.7% for Broadband and landline this time.

No mystery. It's been detailed in the Ts&Cs for several years now.

All ISPs currently do this, or usually worse (+ 3.9%) though may change to a fixed amount in future years after Ofcom pounced on the practice. Similar increases currently also apply to mobile phone contracts.

A switch to fixed amount increases in the future might actually leave us all worse off......

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

It's CPI plus 3.7%, I think it's 7 7% in total. 

Also the way VAT is applied makes it not a straight increase.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).