cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Price of moving home

karam_fr
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

So, I'm moving to a new house soon.

I've just realised I was under an 18-month contract (I don't remember when this was extended and could not find any email about this...). I would need to pay £50 to terminate the contract earlier.

On the other hand, moving houses and staying with TT would cost me £60.

When I consider that my bill has increased 30% in less than 2 years (No, this does not reflect inflation...) and that I could find cheaper offers -including 3 free months- and only tie me to a contract for 12 months...

Is the choice that clear or am I missing something?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Yes, you may have have missed Arne's response earlier. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thank you for your answers.

There is something that I am not clear about... If I move house and take my current TalkTalk contract with me there is a £60 fee isn't there?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi karam_fr

If you follow the homemove process and start a new contract there is no fee,  if you wish to see out the remainder of the current contract there is a £60 fee.  If you cancel currently the fee is £62 based on the remainder left on the contract. 

Regards

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Just to add, there isn't a fixed fee for cancelling your service early, it depends on how long there is left on your current contract. Again, customer services can advise.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

If you take out a new contract when you move then neither the early cancellation fee, nor the home move fee should apply. Get in touch with customer services to discuss your options.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes