cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Recurring card payment didn't work, I had to use a manual payment

dcwt2010
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

My bill was due on the 16th Aug but I didn't see the email till day after. I had set up the recurring card payment the month before but somehow it seems this isn't automated? I paid the bill manually today but will I get the £12.50 admin charge for a failure on TalkTalk's part? The system should have billed the card automatically, otherwise why call it a recurring card payment?

D Tang
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi dcwt2010

Your direct debit only became active on the 14th, your payment date is the 13th, so it will be fine for next months payment. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Yes, but the bank takes time to authorise it. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

But I got an email on the 9th September that it had been setup? Surely they should make it clearer??

D Tang
0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

It generally takes 14 days for a Direct Debit to be authorised. 

0 Likes

dcwt2010
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 16

Ok, I added in my direct debit details and got an email confirming it was ok last week. However, I just got a warning email and alert on my Talktalk account that I am behind on my payment. How is it my fault when Talktalk don't talk payment that I have authorised???

D Tang
0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

HI dcwt2010

I can confirm you haven't double paid, only 1 payment was taken. 

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Thanks Arne.

Can you confirm if I've double paid? I did a manual payment with a different credit card just in case there was an issue with the one entered on the system

Kind regards 

D Tang
0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

HI dcwt2010

Just to confirm ,the payment went through on the 18th, there wont be a admin fee for late payment. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

With so many contactless payments which tend not to trigger receipts these days, and "pending payments" being nonspecific about what they are, it can be easy to lose track, @AllyM.

I've often had a panic until mentally retracing steps reminds me!

But this customer is also worrying about the possibility of a late payment charge, so it's worth getting that checked anyway. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

Can you not see from your card accounts what payments have gone through?

I can see if a Debit card payment has gone through on my internet banking as it shows up in a "pending" payments section immediately after I've made a transaction, even though it doesn't get added to the main statement page until 2 or 3 days later.

With my Credit card, the "available credit" balance reduces immediately after a transaction, so I can get a good idea that it has gone through before it appears on the statement a few days later.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Thanks for the suggestion. I am OK to wait till Monday, hopefully it will be resolved. If I double paid then I hope it gets added as credit! Worst case, they'll have to arrange a refund.

D Tang

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

Staff will not be back till after the weekend now, @dcwt2010.

Better to call them tomorrow  / Chat so that it doesn't hang over you?

03451 720088 after 9am. 

Message 13 of 16

Hi there, 

I have updated my talktalk tel number on my profile.

If you could let know, hopefully there hasn't been a double payment but the warning email did say there would be an admin fee if it was late so I didn't want to take any chances.

Kind regards

D Tang
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hi dcwt2010

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

It should have gone through automatically, @dcwt2010.

Screenshot_20230818-011204_Chrome.jpg

There's a chance that it might just take a day or two to show as cleared?

Often with supermarket shopping I notice a payment shows up with a different date from when I used my card because their systems take a while to update. 

Similarly, if you pay HMRC: they say they treat the day you do the transaction as paid, but that it will take c 3 days to show in your self-assessment statement.

So there's just a chance that you may now have paid twice. 

For staff to check what happened, please add your Talktalk landline number/account number to your Personal Information. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond during the week, Monday to Friday.