cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Can’t Cancel Now TV Sky Sport Boost

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

I want to cancel my Now TV Sky Sports boost. Simples I thought I just need to log in and go to manage add-ons and cancel. Sadly that doesn’t seem to work. I have attempted to do this about 6 times over the last 3 days. A number of times the TalkTalk site went offline just as my request was going through. Then on 2 occasions I was told that my request had been successful.  But I’ve not received email confirmation and it is still active on my account.

Can someone please advise what I need to do to sort this?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Sorry for the delay.  Its a company policy now we do not want My Account login to be linked to a talktalk email address or domain, because if someone, somehow, finds the password to your email address they will be able to access your my account. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

I’ll give that a go.

You said that once they’ve changed the account name I’ll have to sign into MyAccount with a non talktalk email address. Why is that? And once it’s set up can I change it back to a talktalk one?

cheers,

Yvonne

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi Vonney.

Now that the sky boost has been removed, I would recommend contacting the bereavement team one again so they can process the the change of ownership.

Regards.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk

Thanks for keeping an eye on this for me. It’s really bizarre, because although my account is still showing the boost as active the latest bill has this as an important note at the side

2. You've cancelled your NOW Membership so this is the last charge, remember you can still use it until 15 September 2023. Changed your mind ? Manage your add-ons in MyAccount 

This bill is due for payment on 12/9, would it be better if I just paid as a one off? I’m a bit concerned tha t I might confuse everything and everyone at TalkTalk if I set up a direct debit because it would be same account as the one they’ve just cancelled.

many thanks,

Yvonne

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi Vonney.

The now tv issue is still ongoing , sorry its is taking so long.

As part of the bereavement process the direct debit is cancelled, in preparation for the change of ownership, once the stuck order is fixed then the change can be made. 

I will keep monitoring this. 

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 18

Hi @Gliwmaeden2,

it might be that, but the thing is the name hasn’t been changed. 

Thanks for re-escalating to @Arne-TalkTalk, I’m sure it will get resolved now.

I had to notify and change ownership, with another very well known provider, when one of my parents died and all it took was one very simple phone call.  Just surprised that at what is already a very difficult time TalkTalk do not seem to have a simple straightforward process in place. 

Message 7 of 18

It may be that change of ownership requires the Direct Debit to be set up afresh, @Vonney.

I'll re-escalate this for Arne to check what is happening there.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 18

Hi @ferguson,

I got in touch with the bereavement team on Tuesday and right enough they said they could help me with both cancelling the NowTV subscription cancellation and changing the account name.

Sadly after a while they said they couldn’t do it and would need to refer it to a senior customer services/bereavement team member who would call me back later. That was at 12.30 (midday) on Tuesday and I’m still waiting for that call.

I posted in the board in the hope that someone would contact me and get it sorted. @Arne-TalkTalk picked it up escalated the NowTV issue. But instead of contacting me to discuss change of name or cancelling the add-on someone in TalkTalk has  taken it upon themselves to cancel my standing order and change my billing preference to Post. You couldn’t make it up!

Message 9 of 18

Sorry to hear about that added complication. TalkTalk do have a dedicated bereavement team which should be able to make switching the account details easier for you, contact details and opening hours are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-bereavement-team/ta-p/2205169

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

That’s good news.

Have you heard anything  about the boost yet?

Also, I’ve had an email today (addressed to my late husband) saying that I’ve cancelled my direct debit….  I haven’t, so I don’t know what that is all about.  Can you help with this please?

cheers

Yvonne

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

The email address will still be active, but you wont be able to use it as the login for My Account

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk,

Thanks for looking into this for me, fingers crossed the boost will be cancelled soon. Then hopefully the change of name will go smoothly,.

Once I’ve re-registered using a non TalkTalk domain email address will I still be able to use the current TalkTalk email address going forward?

Many thanks

Yvonne

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi @Vonney

Sorry for your loss, 

The request to remove Now TV is stuck on the account and will need to be logged as a fault to our back office team, I will do that today

The email address will continue to work, however when the change of ownership is completed you will need to re-register for My Account using a NON TalkTalk email address as we no longer allow registration using any of our email domains. 

I will let you know when the now tv removal has completed.

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk 

I’ve replied to your PM, but as you’ll see when you read I’m now having problems getting into the actual account.

don’t whether this is because I’ve been trying to get account name changed. My husband died last week and I thought it would be an easy thing to do, but it’s turning into a nightmare. I’m now really worried that the linked email address will stop working which is the only one everyone has, including the funeral directors

0 Likes

Vonney
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 18

Sorry, I realised after I’d posted it that maybe it should have been in the tv category, but couldn’t work out how to change it.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

@Vonney,

Please stick with one thread.

It is in the queue for attention. 

Duplicates will be removed as they cause confusion and create unnecessary extra work. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi @Vonney

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards