cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Refund request for wrong advice during house move

nrf77
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi there,

I have raised a refund request through the email address concerns@talktalkplc.com explaining the case in detail and providing supporting documents in attachment.

I received a generic reply to my request, which left me unsure as to whether any action is being taken by Talktalk or whether I need to actively contact Talktalk via other means

We’re sorry you’ve had to report a problem, we’ll do all we can to put things right as quickly as possible. There’s a number of ways we provide support, please choose what’s best for you

Can someone in the community please look at my case and PM me with any details that are needed from me? Case ID that has been created is ET-321997

Case might be already being looked at, but one never knows.

Thank you for your support.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

I can see a that a credit has now been applied, Sorry for the delay.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Unfortunately not.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

Re-escalating this for you, @nrf77.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi there,

I received no call and heard nothing from Talktalk on this issue.

I also contacted Talktalk via chat and they promised to escalate with monthly bill charges waived on the next bill, which did not happen as the bill just received has the usual monthly bill charge.

Anything that can be done at your end to close this issue?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Thanks. So for now I can leave the email with Talktalk and I don't need the community to solve this? The auto reply from Talktalk left me unsure about whether any action was being taken by Talktalk as it asked me to contact via community or via chat.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Im not sure we would refund those costs, but you may be entitled to auto compensation for the delay in activation. Once the email is picked up they will call and discuss this with you. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Here is the text of my email to concerns@talktalkplc.com 

I have recently moved home and before moving in I was advised by Talktalk that there was no fibre in my new property. As a consequence an Openreach engineer visit was arranged by Talktalk.

The engineer availability meant that his first available appointment was after I would move into my new property. I was therefore advised by Talktalk to get a WiFi dongle or MiFi to cover for the period between my move in date and the engineer appointment.

Upon his visit, the engineer advised that the house had always been connected to the fibre in the first place and there was therefore nothing for him to do apart from telling me to simply plug in a router and go. That turned out to be correct.

I am therefore asking Talktalk for a refund of the charges I incurred with Three, with which I signed up for a 1 month MiFi contract with 1 month cancellation notice.

Attached is the contract with Three plus the bills I was issued by Three. Attached is also a brief summary of the refund calculation.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi nrf77

What is the refund request about?  I don't have access to the case ID's 

There is no update on your account since early March.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

I'll move this to the billing section for you, @nrf77.

Staff reply during the day Monday to Friday. Your thread will be in a queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes