cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Cofirmation of Termination of contract

RH_2021
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi

I'm terminating my contract at the end of the contract. Have sorted out new provider but can't get confirmation that TalkTalk are aware that I'm leaving. WebChat on TalkTalk website seems to be unavaiable -posted on here 10 mins ago but post hasnt come up because " your email address is not verified" - even though I've used forum before with same e-mail address, and it's the e-mail address for my account!!!!!

Can someone at TalkTalk confirm that my contract is being terminated on May 22,nd/23rd.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

Thanks. Hopefully the communication from the other provider/Openreach has finally got through!

I went onto my account to check - the balance seems to have been cleared, but can't see the cancellation. I did try to call the number provided in an earlier post to check the cancellation, but when I selected option 5 for talking to the leaving team, the phone rang once and then cut off - it did this a couple of times,

I tried the webchat thing on the Website instead and still couldn't get that to load. I tried a couple of browsers (Microsoft Edge and Firefox) and Edge definitely doesn't have any adblockers/pop-up blockers attached so not sure when it doesn't load. The webchat with my new provider works OK!

I'll assume everythings OK for now unless something changes.

Thanks for your help.

Rob

Message 2 of 10

I can see that there is now a request to cancel, and also the outstanding balance has been cleared.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

Further details about things in connection with cancelling your contract, @RH_2021, but it does sound as though the advice you were given by the new company was not taking into account the fact that it is full Fibre - no phone line to take over, which makes all the difference and does require you to make that call to Talktalk. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

Hopefully Arne will be able to take another look at this once you have made that call. On the surface, you need to pay for 30 more days. 

But it's not your fault that the switching system is in such a mess......

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

You need to contact TalkTalk directly to let them know that you wish to cancel because you are switching to another Full Fibre provider, call 0345 172 0088.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Thanks for your reply. The new service is due to switch on May 22nd (Monday). I talked to the new provider and they said that the communication is done via 'Open Reach'. As I have come to the end of my current contract (on 6th May) I shouldn't have to face any ERCs. I am being billed £36 for the next month. Can you confirm this will be refunded once the switch happens.

Thanks

Rob

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi RH_2021

Your account is a full fibre data only account , the switching process is not as easy as it used to be, when the new provider will claim the phone number starting the leaving process.  There is no cancellation order on your account. 

When is your new providers service starting?  

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

Billing is always charged a full month ahead, regardless of whether you are leaving  / notice period / staying, @RH_2021.

If part of that month is outside the initial contract period there will be a pro rata charge at the full rate.

If the switch to the new company happens correctly, the subsequent bill will show the refund for the unused days. 

Did you ask the new company to keep the same landline number?

If it's not going through correctly, or you simply leave and don't switch, it's usually a 30 day notice period that applies.

However, customers are currently usually advised to ALSO call Talktalk to ensure that the cancellation is going through correctly. That's not the same thing as phoning in order to cancel - it's just to make sure.

Your thread is in a queue for attention from staff who will clarify all!

0 Likes

RH_2021
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

I've contacted TalkTalk by phone and they said they haven't recieved any contact from my new provider and that I'd have to pay a full months bill and give 28 days noticed before switching.

I contacted my new provider and they've said "we have already sent the request for the cancellation to your existing provider and if you do place any request for cancellation manually then it will cancel the broadband order with us well, if Talk Talk is charging you at the moment then you need to check with them regarding the bills if they will refund the charges once it is disconnected."

Anyone at TalkTalk confirm what the hell is going on here. My fixed rate contract expired on the 14th, and new provider apparently contacted you via openreach on the 6th, so why am I being charged a full extra month (on a higher rate). Spoke to someone on the 'customer service' line but don't think English was their first language and they just kept parroting terms and conditions at me.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hours of availability for webchat  / phone support are published on this page, @RH_2021:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

If you can't see the blue "Chat Now" button, disable ad blockers / enable pop ups / try another browser. 

I will move this thread to the billing section of the forum for help if you still need it from staff, but it will be in a queue for attention. 

For them to identify your account, you need to complete your community forum profile details. 

Add your Talktalk landline number/account number by going via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

0 Likes