cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Repeat rejecting debit card payment

yimkc
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I received an email saying recurring payment rejected due to debit card expired in Feb. I immediately paid online using new debit card and everything went through without issue except the surcharge £12.5. With help from support, this has been waived.

It happens again in Mar payment. I found there are 2 cards listed in the payment page with the old card as default. So I paid manually again and removed the old card from the list. No surchage.

However, for Apr, I received the same email saying my payment rejected. I have checked my account and only the new card is listed. I am sure there is sufficient fund in the bank when the recurring payment was initiated. I have no idea why there was rejection as no information was provided. I don't want to setup DD but prefer to use debit card payment.

Can support take a look on this?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

I will chase this with the billing team , I've seen a few similar issues for other customers.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Yes. I can use my new card for one-off payment. I just don't know why the recurring payment with new card was not working. 

Luckily, the latest "late" payment didn't incur charge. 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi yimkc 

Sorry that you are having problems, Did you manage to make a one off payment ?

0 Likes