cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Service Suspension

Duiker
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

To Whom It May Concern,

I have only been a broadband customer for a short period of time (about a decade) so I shouldn't expect much.

I have connections at two separate addresses in the same town. My account has always been paid by an automatic debit to a credit card, ever since Day 1. Today, one of my addresses was disconnected. When contacting customer support (ha!), I was told that the problem was one involving Open Reach and I was e-mailed a link to Open Reach. Upon viewing my account online, there is a red banner at the top telling me that ''We have had to apply a service restriction to your TalkTalk account as you have an outstanding balance on your TalkTalk bill.'', which completely contradicts the discussion I had with customer support and the e-mailed link to Open Reach's engineers I received.

Further down the account page, it shows that the bill due on 26 July has been paid. Up on the red banner, I am advised that, should I have any problems, I should phone Customer Payment Support team on 0845 655 3528. When I phone that number, a recording tells me that this number is no longer in service.

On top of this, when I do locate a working number for TalkTalk, I am told that, in the security questions, I did not provide the appropriate bank account number, so I was told to go away. Funny, as this is the only bank account I have had since before becoming a very valued TalkTalk customer and when I look at my bank account details, it shows that TalkTalk used the Direct Debit just a few weeks ago.

It looks as though I will now have to cancel my account(s) with TalkTalk as no one is interested in a discussion.

Astounding. Absolutely unbelievable. Ten years and I am treated like a lepper.

Thank you, TalkTalk, for ten years of loyalty! You are the BEST!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Duiker

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

For current purposes, make sure that you add the account number  / Talktalk phone number of the affected service in Personal Information. 

It might be an idea to add details for the older account too in Private Notes, at the end of that section, as this will give Arne the full picture and means that if you have faults with either service in future, the information will be ready.

You must SAVE CHANGES after entering the information. 

Staff are not on here at weekends but will respond during the week. As this is an issue with payment etc rather than a service fault, I'll move this to the billing section of the forum. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Duiker looks like something went wrong with your second account started in June? Your post has been escalated and you should hear soon but you can save some time for your self by adding your land line phone number s to your community profile

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes