cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Talk Talk no longer provides service but keeps on billing

ljpg2000
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 5 of 5

Talk Talk stopped provision of Full Fibre broadband to my property on 26 June - but is still requesting ongoing monthly payment. 

I have contacted Talk Talk on a number of occasions and drawn attention to this issue and would also use the online 'bot' if it ever loaded to ask again for billing demands for a service now not actual provided by Talk Talk to stop. 

It is clear that the billing and services are not linked inside Talk Talk - and that this results in ongoing demand for payment when the company is not even providing services. Very poor practice - and an indication people should avoid taking up service with Talk Talk in the first place in my opinion. 

Anyone got some advice about making this stop? And if someone from Talk Talk is on this thread from billing or customer service the account number is - XXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS. 

At present - no matter how many hours I waste trying to get Talk Talk to get things in order there is no indication how the situation can or will be changed. 

I suppose the next step would be a legal letter to Tim Morris (TalkTalk Group Legal Counsel) at Talk Talk Corporate Ltd, Soapworks, Ordsall Lane, Salford, United Kingdom, M5 3TT - to indicate that attempted charging for services not being delivered is probably legally questionable. 

Thanks for any advice. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi ljpg2000

I will investigate this for you, it looks like the cease has failed, So I will contact the team responsible to reapply the cancellation request to close the account ASAP. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

It does sound a right mess, @ljpg2000.

Good to have that detail.

Staff will be able to send you returns bags. Hopefully they will reach this tomorrow to check what has gone on with the billing. 

Otherwise it will be after the weekend. 

There's a more personal touch on the forum, and they will ensure that you are not out of pocket.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

ljpg2000
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Gliwmaeden2,

Thanks.

Talk Talk sent me an email on June 12th 2024 with this message - 'We received your request to cancel on: 10 Jun 2024'.

My fixed term contract ended on 30 November 2020. So this was already month to month. 

The email said an equipment bag would be sent - no bag ever arrived. 

The email said a final bill would be created - no final bill has ever been created - this was promised within 10 days. 

The new service took over the fibre line on June 26th. I have called Talk Talk on the number you list many times and have spoken to the cancellation service and had it confirmed that Talk Talk no longer provides service. I asked for a bag for returns and a final bill. 

But there is seemingly no link between cancellations and billing at Talk Talk. Billing just attempts to carry on. And it has not been possible to ever get through to anyone to talk about billing - they always default to an online bot, which never loads on any device I own. 

Any further advice? Maybe start to forward claims of own to Talk Talk for payment for my time wasted trying to deal with this?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Did your contract simply end on 26th June, or did you actually ask them to cease the service, @ljpg2000?

You would need to phone 03451 720088 to cancel your service. It can't be done through the forum. 

If the contract simply ended, you would still have a service, at full price, rolling month by month.

If you asked them to cease the service, you'd still have to give 30 days' notice, which wouldn't necessarily match the billing cycle, so billing can take a while to resolve to £0.00.

Have you returned equipment?

Leave the Direct Debit in place until you are sure that everything is resolved, including for claiming any refund if necessary. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday, daytime.

Moving this to the billing section of the forum for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes