cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Automated Compensation

mgbolt
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I am having trouble with getting compensation through the automated system. I first reported a fault on 18th December which was finally resolved on 27th January. I made contact with talk talk either via text, we chat or phone almost every day asking when the service would be corrected and was usually told openreach had been allocated and would fix it tomorrow. I raised a complaint and was being dealt worth by a manager who told me on the 27th January that I would receive compensation for loss of service (broadband) automatically within 30 days. this has not happened. I have called and chatted for several hours and was offered £35. When I pointed out the ofcom agreement was £8.40 per day I was informed I had not lost complete service so automated compensation will not be applied. Has anyone else experience this and how did you get resolution? 

MG Bolt
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

You were right to stick to your guns, @mgbolt. Hopefully @Arne-TalkTalk will be able to feed back to the customer support team that their advice did not reflect the guidelines given even on Talktalk's own website. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

mgbolt
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

Thank you finally sorted. Managed to get the compensation as per the talktalk website. However only after sticking with it and insisting. Initially offered a figure around 10% of amount as per ofcom site. Then 75% and finally what I was owed. For some reason was informed automatic compensation would not have been applied as I did not lose both phone and internet?

MG Bolt

Message 4 of 8

HI mgbolt.

I can see that a complaint manager has picked this up. 

Hope you get the resolution you want. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

It usually wouldn't show up until you see your bill, and often goes beyond the 30 day period cited, @mgbolt.

Staff can check it all for you. It's best to wait now for their reply, to keep the thread moving forward in the queue for attention. 

0 Likes

mgbolt
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

thank you. I was completely without broadband. I have read the article and when speaking to a representative she stated I was entitled but would have to wait for the automated scheme. I was given a goodwill payment but I was told that was for the poor service from the technical team. Being given a date and time for contact which was then missed

MG Bolt
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Talktalk has given you a goodwill gesture, @mgbolt.

Automatic Compensation doesn't apply for every single type of fault.

This is made clear in this article:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

If you COMPLETELY lost Broadband and  / or Phone service, you should qualify. 

If it was repeated, frequent dropouts, you probably would not qualify. 

Staff will look into it. They are on here during the day, Monday to Friday.