cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

TalkTalk not honouring cancellation or CEDR ruling

TTarecowboys
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I cancelled my contract over a year ago with talktalk. After talktalk repeatedly lied to me, claiming I didn’t cancel and sending debt collector letters I started to record calls, collect evidence and went to CEDR which is TalkTalks omburdsman.

CEDR ruled in my favour in November and I was awarded compensation and said they will cancel my contract and back date it. TalkTalk gave me the compensation yet STILL didn’t cancel my contract and I am still to this day receiving new bills. I have been with a different broadband company for a year now. I have gone through the CEDR process again but I feel there is a real disconnect between cancellation and billing. TalkTalk don’t seem to care and have been told about these problems for years and so my only theory is that you know exactly what you are doing and are putting profits before customer satisfaction. Just look at the trust pilot reviews. 

Please can someone look into this at TalkTalk? I have spoken to vulnerable customers of yours who you have done this too and it is destroying our mental health. 

For anyone reading this and in the same position, please go through CEDR. TalkTalk don’t want to communicate and they will lie about any phone calls and chats saying you didn’t rightfully cancel the contract, they conveniently won’t be able to find these calls either and will “pass the parcel” through every department until it reaches closing hours. I suggest you record every phone call and gather evidence to make a case for CEDR. 

These abhorrent business practices need to be stopped. 

5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

@cancel#fraud#lies 

If you start your own topic and explain the issue then the TalkTalk support team here can try to help. 

0 Likes

cancel#fraud#lies
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Happen to us lies lies and hour's of hold and phone hanging up.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

In order to try and help, I need you  to update your community profile.  

Thank you.

0 Likes

TTarecowboys
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

For anyone in the same position as me, please report to Ofcom who can perform an investigation against TalkTalk if enough people are experiencing this fraudulent scam.  

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @TTarecowboys

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are unhappy

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards