cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Trying to Cancel my "Unlimited UK Calls Boost"

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

My Unlimited UK Calls Boost ends this month and I was wanting to cancel it in order to avoid future charges after it ends.

Just looking at "My Account", do I just uncheck the currently ticked item and Update the page?

Is that all that is required?

Thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 10

I discovered too late, that there used to be a promising development called  Link2Cell which allowed mobile phones to pair  via Bluetooth to certain wireless landline units so that either could make and receive calls over the mobile network.

Would be a Godsend to old git's like me, but it seems that it was abandoned before I discovered it!

Probably because young folks couldn't see any need for it! 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

Out and about is different @Arne-TalkTalk, you just look like a #*@#!  😜

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

I have the same issue, phone speaker is not loud enough, or im slowly going deaf (more likely)  so use earbuds, looks like I'm talking to myself when I'm out and about. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Nothing looks "silly" around the house, unless you have particularly intrusive neighbours! Anyway, earbuds are cool, or so young people tell me.  😎

0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Thanks @Arne-TalkTalk sad to see it go, but given my outbound call use I cannot countenance the cost.

Problem I have is that calls on my Mobile phone are barely understandable given the tiny tinny speaker!

I'm only able to converse comfortably using my earbuds but that would look silly around the house.

That's the problem with Age, it takes things away piece by piece like a game of "Human Jenga" until you crumble to dust! 😄

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10
0 Likes

Steamywee
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 I've just unchecked the item and updated the page but nothing seemed to happen apart from the removal of the blue tick. 

At the second attempt, I received an acknowledgement, so I think that has achieved it!

I'll check it again later in the day.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Yes, @Steamywee.

If it didn't appear to work, post back on here, but I am moving this thread to the billing section for you. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes