cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

price rise

spirit1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

just had an email telling me ill be paying Fibre 65 will go up by £2.84 from 17th April 2023.

when i re-joined last year i was told by the retentions dept, the deal i was offered will not go up and that inc's Fibre 65 £2.84 from 17th April 2023. and if it did, i could ring and it would be sorted out, and i would not see a price rise, i even have the date and time, and the name of the rep who told me.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

This is what I have found, You called on 28 Feb 13.48 and was offered fixed price plus (no rises for the contract length) , you advised you would think about it and call back, you called back same day at 15.56 spoke to a different advisor who offered Fibre 65 at £20 (no fixed price plus), you again said you would think about it, then on the 3rd March you accepted fibre 65 + calls free @£20 + voucher (no fixed price plus)  , this means you where exempt from the April 2022 price rise but not the April 2023 rise. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

its not what the rep told me on the phone, he told me i would see no rise till 2024 when contract renews if i wanted to.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

When you signed up in March 2022 your where exempt from the April 2022 rise. 

0 Likes

spirit1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

thanks for replies everyone, then as you say - Obviously, @Arne-TalkTalk has confirmed that you do not have fixed price plus.

then the rep lied to me and even promised, any problem he said, just give us a call... and this call must have been logged

with all the minutes recorded.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

A bit academic now, but you can't see it in MyAccount only on your confirmation email at the start of the contract. However, it is logged in your account that TalkTalk can view. Obviously, @Arne-TalkTalk has confirmed that you do not have fixed price plus.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

HI spirit1

As you are not on our fixed price plus, Your service is subject to this years price increase as per the email you have received. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

Did you keep the contract emails from when you rejoined, @spirit1 ?

The price is often sold as £x.00 for 18 /24 months but look at the small print of your email that would have come in when the account was set up. Eg:

20230320_221006.jpg

Or possible mention of the increase in the actual contract documents. Eg:

Screenshot_20230320-220719_Word.jpg

I'll move this thread to the billing section for you, @spirit1.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

spirit1
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

where do i find it, in my online account ? where exactly.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

If you check your package, does it mention fixed price plus?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes