cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

shell transfer dd fail

booth23
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi, despite assurances that transfer would be seamless, direct debit has failed followed by quite threatening e-mails requesting one-off payment. This contradicts a text message telling me that direct debit would be re-requested. I don't want to pay twice. This is not a good start to the service and I am angry to have received the e-mails and to be even having to bother contacting TalkTalk. I've also been hanging on the phone for call centre to no avail. I'm not confident with this confused start.

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

If the balance is cleared then we wont make the request for the direct debit.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

The notification for payment is issued as normal. 

If you pay by card now, @Eyemay, it's far enough ahead of the DD for the money not to be taken twice.

You should really start your own thread for this issue to avoid any confusion. Go back to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Make it clear that you are a Shell customer. There are several ongoing issues with payments at the moment....!

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/waystopay

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Eyemay
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

I’ve been advised that my DD is due 16th august, is the problem solved to take the payment.  I dont want to make the payment then they take the DD as well.  I’ve no faith in them at all.  Never had a problem with other providers, the messages they have sent about the problem aren’t clear at all. 

booth23
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Thank you. Shell team also need to be working on communication since the direct debit issue is a known problem. Abysmal customer service. Very disappointed.

Message 5 of 8

Hi booth23

There is a known issue with direct debits at the moment, which is being worked on by the shell team, in the meantime we recommend making one off payment this time. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

booth23
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

thank you!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

When a DD fails, Talktalk automatically mentions that it will be requested again. 

The advice in all cases for migrated Shell  customers on the forum is to make the one off payment by card, @booth23.

Please check through similar queries and answers in the billing section. 

Talktalk tends to send out generic emails which don't help matters in this sort of situation.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes