cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

talktalk renewed contract without my consent

gracki1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

today at midnight i received an email about contract renewal ,even if i didnt do anything.
they moved me from fibre65 £33.57 monthly basis ,to fibre65 £37.95 18months contract!

This is absurd! Why would i sign up for more expensive package with the same speed!?
I tried contacting support TWICE and they say that they didnt do anything from their end  and it must have been me .... and i was long asleep during that time!

I cant even rollback/cancel this because all i have is "You currently have an order in progress. Please check back soon to view your new package."

Is there anything i can do to oppose this contract or should i just block the payments for this scam?

gracki
6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7

i called. 
they could not roll me back . and gave me 3 options : delete my account,downgrade to fibre35  , or pick different contract next month ....they try to tie me to them so i can not move when fiber optic will be activated in my city 

gracki
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi gracki1

Did you call us back?  There is no online option to stop an order, is does look like the change was made via My Account. 

The loyalty team should be able to help. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

That agent needs to find the letter "t" on their keyboard if that's their typo! Rather a big difference in meaning when they type "now" instead of "not", which doesn't help matters....

Anyway, no, there's no automated rollback function online, @gracki1.

You will have to phone in: 03451 720088.

That's the usual number for Talktalk, and then select LOYALTY,  or retentions. 

You may get told again however that the "order is in progress" and cannot currently be changed.

You'll still be well within 14 days, so wait for staff to reach your thread on here to advise.

However, you'll still end up ringing that number. They should be able to see the notes on your account advising the roll back.

For forum staff to identify your account, ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details. Add your Talktalk phone number  / account number in Personal Information. Go via your avatar/name; settings.....SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

i dont have any rollback button. live chat is ueither useless or doesnt want to help. this is the part of transcript :

I have checked and it seems the system is now allowing any changes to be made on your account. It's now allowing a change to roll you back onto the monthly rolling contract.
Siphelele|10:07 AM

In this case, all I can do is leave a note on your account to state that you're not tied into this new contract and therefore will not be liable for any penalty fee if you choose to leave Talk-Talk. Also, if you wish to renew to a new deal, you'll only be able to do this after 30 days.
You|10:10 AM

Ok, I am looking for an option to rollback. Could you tell me where it can be found?
Siphelele|10:11 AM

As I just advised above, The system is now allowing any changes to be made on your account. It's now allowing a change to roll you back onto the monthly rolling contract..

they literaly refuse to change it or even just tell me how to change it
gracki
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Every new contract has a cooling off period of 14 days, so they should be able to roll this back to what you had, @gracki1.

See the Ts&Cs at the foot of any TT page,  paragraph 3.

So they should reverse this promptly for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes