cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

ANGRY

extremelyannoyed
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hello all,

I have had no Internet now for 4 days. It cut off on Tuesday morning and I've had the flashing orange light on my router since. Before anyone suggests, I've done everything I possibly can on my end. Rebooting, resetting etc. I even bought a home phone to test the line which sounds absolutely fine.

Apparently they sent an engineer out and he "resolved the issue" I don't believe this. 

So of course I got on the phone again and had an engineer booked for today between 3pm - 6pm. I left work early so I could be here and literally sat outside from 2:30pm - 6:15pm waiting for this guy "Darren".  NO SHOW. I'm absolutely furious.

I called Talktalk and apparently they've said they attended. JUST WOW. I have cameras outside my building. There is no way they can lie about this.

Another appointment has been arranged for Tuesday but I have zero confidence the engineer will show.

This is unbelievable. I tried to complain but the live chat doesn't work.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi

Apologies for this.

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send the replacement router.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Debbie,

Yes please. I did suggest this to the guy I spoke to on the phone but he said the engineer will replace the router if he needs to.

I have an engineer booked for tomorrow but I have no confidence he will show as the one booked for Friday didn't turn up.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi

The line tests are all clear - No faults detected.

Would you like me to send a new router for testing so we can rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Michelle,

It's flashing orange no matter how many times I restart it. Ive also tried resetting it using a pin three times.

I was told the checks externally are coming back all good. I bought a phone just to check the line and that sounds fine too but the router just will not connect. 

Could it be that the routers packed up?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. The line is currently showing in sync, have you been able to connect since your last post? What lights are currently on the router please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Oh I see. Thank you. I wonder who was supposed to attend yesterday whether it was them or openreach 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Talktalk's own engineers rather than Openreach, @extremelyannoyed.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

extremelyannoyed
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 17

Guys, who the hell is "Brightsparks" ??

1000025081.jpg

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 17

You're welcome.  🙂

Message 10 of 17

Thank you so much for trying to help

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 17

OK, cool, it will help the support team to know that when they pick this up. 

Message 12 of 17

Thank you Ferguson. This is how my set up is already. Also, I've tried the pin reset... twice 🤦🏻‍♀️

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

Oh, and maybe a pinhole reset? 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

OK, just one more thing to try if you haven't already: connect the router using a plugin microfilter directly to the test socket. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi Ferguson, apparently that was the first visit - they didn't need me here (I don't believe they came out at all) but this time round I DID need to be home. Absolute cheek of them saying they attended.

I've tried switching it off for even longer. Just keeps flashing orange. 

Thank you for the heads up regarding the support team.

This is all so frustrating. We don't realise how much we rely on the internet till its gone 😩

If anyone's got any other suggestions that I haven't already tried I'd be very grateful. I'm guessing (or hoping) my routers packed up 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

It is possible that they did some work without needing to visit your property. Try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes before switching it back on again. If that doesn't work then you will have to persevere with customer services directly for now. The support team here won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes