cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Am I supposed to get an ETA for an engineer visit?

John_Vella
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Our broadband hasn't been working for a couple of days now, and we were supposed to receive a visit from an engineer yesterday morning. The engineer didn't turn up, and when I phoned TalkTalk I was told to phone back after 6pm as the call hadn't been updated.

Later on I received an email apologising for the engineer not turning up and offering me £25 as a goodwill gesture, and asking me to book another appointment. I phoned to book another appointment, (they are due out this morning) but during the call the representative told me that if I am not in when the engineer calls they will charge me £65.

How is it that if I am not in when the engineer calls it will cost me £65, but if the engineer doesn't turn up TalkTalk only give me £25?

Anyway, back to my original question. Am I meant to receive some sort of update, letting me know when the engineer will turn up, or do they just appear, as if by magic, before my very eyes?

Calm down, everyone, it's only the Internet!
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi John

Glad to hear your internet connection is now working

It would be difficult to say at the start of the day when the engineer will arrive as some jobs will be finished sooner than others. We do however always ask that the engineer calls the customer 30 minutes before the visit to advise that they are on their way, but unfortunately engineer don't always do this.

I appreciate what you're saying about the missed appointment charges but the £65 charge for the missed appointment is made by BT Openreach, we just pass this on.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking more along the lines of receiving a text saying that the engineer will call between 10am and 11am, on the day of the visit.

Anyway, he's been now, and my daughter has called me to say that the internet is working, so let's hope that's the end of it.

I am still annoyed about TalkTalk giving me £25 because their engineer didn't turn up, but threatening me with a £65 charge if I'm not in when the engineer does turn up though. Let's not worry about me having to take a day's unpaid leave to wait in for a no-show engineer, eh?

Calm down, everyone, it's only the Internet!
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi John,

Apologies for any confusion, the engineer is booked for this morning (27th - 8am-1pm)

Chris

0 Likes