cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband connection frequently disconnecting

Chapworthy
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi there,

Having a bit of a nightmare with my broadband connection, it has been frequently disconnecting over the last six or seven days (DSL and internet lights go off on openreach modem). I have had a number of online chats with the talktalk technical staff, without much luck - they sent an openreach engineer who has replaced the socket and modem, and also got a new router sent out, but the issue remains.

I need a fix on this please as I work from home using VPN so any disruption means I can't work, have already lost many hours of work to the issue.

Additionally the new router won't allow me to connect to VPN, so even when it does connect I still can't work. Any help very greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

Thanks for confirming.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Chapworthy
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

Hi Debbie,

I think so, it seems to be working fine. I'll send back the replacement one 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Chapworthy

I'm so glad to hear this.

Would it be ok to keep using this router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Chris, quick update, the openreach engineer has finished, everything working ok for now - he pretty much replaced all the equipment apart from the line itself - it seems it was the ports in the roadside box that were the issue. Fingers crossed this has sorted it - I'm using my old router which connected fine using my VPN, so all good for now 🙂, thank for your help

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow morning - April 27 2022, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 6 of 14

Thanks for looking at this @Chris-TalkTalk - in the meantime, would you be able to look at the VPN issue on the new replacement router please?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've replied to your PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

I've now sent the PM, apologies for the delay

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Apologies, I can't send the PM at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to send it soon

Chris

0 Likes

Chapworthy
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Hi Chris,

Yes that's all fine, if you think the engineer visit is necessary. Where would the PM go to, can't find it anywhere! Also, can we try to get the VPN issue sorted with the new router please?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Chapworthy,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Chapworthy
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi Michelle, yes everything currently on and connected for now. Please feel free to arrange another engineer visit if necessary. Thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is the modem currently switched on? If the connection is dropping directly at the Openreach modem then we would need to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to proceed with this and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes