cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

BT whole home Wi-Fi

MattP87
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

Like all the other posts my mesh Wi-Fi system has been non functional since the latest firmware got pushed to my talktalk router.

tech support are unable to fix and state to post here

system has been tested by BT as fully operational and confirmed to be a router firmware issue.

to double check this I have taken the system to another house with Vodafone broadband and it works faultlessly.

26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hello,

Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

Hi Michelle

It is good to hear that the issue affecting MattP87 has been resolved by applying the firmware rollback. I am experiencing the same issue. Will I need to request this or will this be rolled back for everyone ? Please can you confirm the process. Thanks Sandy

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Good morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thank you for confirming. Apologies for the delay in resolving this for you. If you do need any further assistance then please let us know.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

Morning,

yes got the system back up and running last night and my house is a happy place now the Wi-Fi isn’t contained to 2/3 rooms!

shame it took so long to do what bt suggested on day 1 but I guess you have a process you have to follow.

Thanks for your assistance, and hopefully I won’t be back when the next firmware update gets pushed out.

Matt

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Morning,

How are you getting on, did you have a chance to retest?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Good afternoon,

Would you mind retesting please as we believe that this should now be resolved and working ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Hi,

The team have confirmed that they are in the process of changing the router firmware and this should be completed within 24hrs. We'll check back in with you tomorrow to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Morning,

Thank you. I've passed your last post over to the Devices Team and asked them to confirm the next steps.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

I’ve had the following email from BT who have been looking at the issue from their side.

do you have any update on when this will be and how we know when it’s happened?

Email below:

Thanks for your patience while we have been investigating this for you.

We have had it confirmed now that Talk Talk are rolling back the firmware on their router for customers who have been affected by this issue. If you are still experiencing an issue with the discs, you would need to contact Talk Talk to ensure the firmware on your router has been rolled back.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else, please do let me know.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Morning,

Unfortunately not. I'm really sorry, I keep chasing for an update on what the next steps will be but the team are still working on a resolution for this. I will continue to keep checking for more information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Morning Michelle, I can guess the answer but are there any updates?

Your complaints team told me I’m free to leave after 30days of the fault which is next Wednesday, not my preferred outcome, but I will need to start making those arrangements in the next day or two.

Thanks, Matt

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll post back as soon as we have a confirmed resolution.

Thanks

0 Likes

MarkJ48
First Timer
Private Message
Message 13 of 27

It looks like I am experiencing the same problems with my Premium system from BT.  The sooner this is resolved the better

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Morning,

Apologies, I'll keep chasing the team for updates on this.

Thanks

Message 15 of 27

They can't roll back firmware, @MattP87.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Is there an expected completion date? Or a date at which you’ll push the old firmware back out to those having issues?

It’ll be 2 weeks tomorrow that I’ve been unable to get Wi-Fi outside of 2 rooms in my house all because of this firmware update, which could have been reversed to allow normal use to continue until you fixed the next update. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Our team are working to resolve this ASAP. I'll continue to monitor and will post back as soon as we have more information.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

@acmoore and @SandyNotts23, please start your own threads.

Technical issues can get complicated and so staff prefer customers to open a new topic for their issue. They will only respond to the original poster. 

You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic.

@SandyNotts23, you also need to complete your community forum profile details with your Talktalk phone number  / account number in the Personal Information area. Go via your avatar/name; settings. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will be back after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

acmoore
Participant
Private Message
Message 19 of 27

Hi there,

I'm another BT WholeHome Premium mesh user who has lost their network since the latest TalkTalk router firmware upgrade.

Do we have any further info about when this is going to be fixed? It looks as though (according to Michelle's posts) it's at least a couple of weeks since this issue was passed to the tech guys.

I mean, can we not just revert to the previous router firmware (when my BT mesh worked perfectly!) until the tech guys have properly investigated, resolved and tested a stable firmware upgrade?

TBH, the service and support I've been getting from TalkTalk in recent years has been neglible and now I'm out of contract maybe I should start looking for a more reliable provider; this issue with my BT mesh system could be the prompt I need to make the move.

Please update and resolve asap.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Morning,

Just a quick update to advise that the team are still investigating this and we're hoping to know more soon.

Thanks

0 Likes