cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broad band dropping out around midnight every night

Cazzaldy60
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Any idea why my connection drops out every night about midnight? I have recently swapped to talk talk from virgin and I haven’t experienced this before. I watch tv through my Amazon stick and when the connection drops I sometimes lose what I’m watching which is very frustrating!! 

The connection can be down from anything from 20 minutes to 2 hours. I then use my phone as a hot spot and use my ee data and watch something on my iPad until it reconnects. I don’t touch anything or unplug anything. Does anyone else experience this happening to them?  

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi,

Thanks for the update. It would be worth checking this in your My Account. I've included a Help Guide below,

How to use HomeSafe® - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

Cazzaldy60
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi

I can’t find my reply to Karl so sorry if I’m repeating myself. No change to router, no lights flash etc. don’t know about landline as I don’t have it plugged in. My I should plug it in just to monitor it.

As for home safe/ kids safe … I don’t know what that is. 
Thank you for your replies but with the nights drawing in and the evenings getting colder I’ve been going to bed at 10.30pm this last couple of nights so haven’t been watching tv late. 
regards

Carol

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Just to add to this, are you using HomeSafe/Kidsafe?

Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Do the lights on the router go off or change ?  Is the home phone affected, noise on the line or loss of dial tone etc ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes