cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Down

Poonam1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

My broadband has been down most of the day. The router is flashing amber and have tried restarting and resetting it. Live chat agent just sent me a link to the ‘what to do if your internet is down’ page and said there was nothing more they could do. 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Poonam1

No problem 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Great, thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Poonam1

Thanks for confirming your details. I've now cancelled the TalkTalk engineer visit.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 14

Hi Poonam1

I will need to cancel the engineer visit for you.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Poonam1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 14

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk I've updated my profile to include my TalkTalk telephone number. My internet connection came back yesterday evening around 6pm so I replied to the text confirming the engineer booking on 29th March to cancel.

Thanks

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 14

When the team here pick this up tomorrow they will be able to run some more tests on your line. If they think the router might be at fault they will be able to send you a replacement.

If you have a test socket in your master socket, and you have not already done so, it would be good to try your router in the test socket, just to eliminate the phone wiring in the home.

0 Likes

Poonam1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 14

Having run another live connection test this morning it says the broadband connection is okay. Does that indicate a problem with the router?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 14

I'd be very cautious about taking them up on the £50 engineer, if they are quoting £50 then that means it would be a TalkTalk engineer rather than an Openreach engineer, a TalkTalk engineer can only look at the equipment in your home, they can't help with any external fault out on the phone network, and if the tracker is indicating an external fault might be being worked on, then that is probably an Openreach kind of problem.

You could maybe try the live chat again tomorrow to see if you get any better assistance, or if it is possible for you to wait until Monday then the support team here on the community will be able to help, and will be able to provide much better quality help .

Message 10 of 14

It redirects to the fault tracker and says we are working on your fault but also says internet connection looks good further down the fault tracker. I don’t think that’s updated in hours though. 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 14

Does the live connection test still detect the problem, or does that now say that everything is ok ?

0 Likes

Poonam1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi @Skynet_TX   Thanks, I did the live connection test earlier in the day and it identified a fault in the local area but when I tried live chat a few hours later for an update the agent told me there was no fault and I’d have to book an engineer (which there would be a £50 charge for). 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Poonam1,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line). Can you also dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number displayed in 'My Account').

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The Support Team here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.