cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband going very slow over past week.

Piyaitsapeq
Team Player
Private Message
Message 43 of 43

On Fibre 65, speed is usually about 70mbp, the last week it has been between 7 and 20 today. Have gone through all the suggested fixes and nothing is making it any better

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42

Message 1 of 43

That's great news Piyaitsapeq, thanks for letting me know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 43

Thanks, the engineer from talk talk arrived, nice guy, after a few tweaks of his gadget, and a few tests, all was good.

I have noticed though on the talk talk service centre, when you do the speed test it shows low, but fine with the speed tester site, the engineer put me onto. Perhaps there could be a problem with the service centre site.

Thanks again Chris and the rest of the team, for all your help

0 Likes

Message 3 of 43

No problem. Usually slow speeds are due to a slow sync speed, slow throughput speeds with a high sync speed at all times of day is actually a bit unusual 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 43

Thanks Chris,

Hopefully it can get sorted.

I have noticed in these forums quite a few people all on Fibre 65, having to same problems, could they be connected in some way

0 Likes

Message 5 of 43

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning - 05-Jul-22 09:00 - 12:00 - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 43

OK thanks, I'll book the engineer and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 43

An morning is good except Monday, Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 43

Apologies for the delay. I've been advised that the best course of action is to arrange a visit from one of our engineers, if you'd like me to do this can you confirm when you can be available for the visit and we'll book it for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 43

OK thanks, I'm asking a colleague to take a look at this, I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

Message 10 of 43

The engineer said the fault lies with talk talk, and your "build "., and he wanted talk talk to check the build, Speed at this moment is 36Mbps, slight improvement

0 Likes

Message 11 of 43

Hi Piyaitsapeq,

Thanks for the update, has there been no improvement in speeds at all since the engineer visit?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 43

Hi Chris,

The engineer arrived, and was here around 5 hours, the line was all good, and the problem was identified as a through put from the router, the incoming side okay, but the output both wired and wi fi fluctuated between 2Mbps and 20Mbps, and as its a new router, the problem lies in the broadband " build " on talk talk side, as though restrictions have been put on it. He made several attempts talking to Talk Talk, to try and get someone to check the "build ", but to no avail, he was just cut off.  Is it possible you can contact someone at Talk Talk, to check the build.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 43

Hi Piyaitsapeq,

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning - June 30 2022, AM (8am-1pm) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 14 of 43

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 43

OK thanks for running the speed test. If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 43

Speed test is now showing 9Mbs.    If you arrange an engineer I will be available all day tomorrow and Thursday

0 Likes

Message 17 of 43

OK thanks. I've just tried something so could you please run another speed test and let us know if there's any improvement. If not then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 43

Hi Chris,

Yes, confirmed it is my number

0 Likes

Message 19 of 43

Hi Piyaitsapeq,

Could you dial 17070 from your landline and confirm that the number read back to you is your telephone number 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 43

Ping

Packets sent 4. Received 4, Lost 0

Round trip times Min 9ms Max 11ms

The trace rout results are in the attached pdf

0 Likes