cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband speed

MichaelS12345
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Please can you look at my broadband settings. My speed has been getting slower over the past couple of weeks, to the point that now just browsing is difficult, and streaming is impossible.

Thank you

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Morning,

How have you found the speed/overall connection since the line optimisation? Is everything now ok?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've optimised the connection now and the sync speed has increased. Are you experiencing any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi @MichaelS12345,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your ‘Estimated Speed’ and your ‘Measured Speed’. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to that ‘Measured Speed’.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes