cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broken line

JA593
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

On Thursday evening the telegraph pole serving my street was hit and was removed. Before knowing this was the cause of my loss of Internet I reported a fault, the last update I have had is that an engineer has been called to trace the faulty?

A neighbour who I believe is with BT has received a  message to say that the line will not be repaired until 13th October. I have received no information from Talktalk.

I am having to use my small mobile data allowance to use the Internet and it is fast running out. Unable to use my TV packages as the data would only last one day without changing my package to a new one that would have to be for 18/24 months.

Is there any help available from Talktalk?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi JA593

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved.

Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi JA593

I've spoken to Openreach and they have advised that the target date to fix is 13-10-2023 (for the replacement pole)

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi JA593

I will contact Openreach this morning for an update on this fault.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi JA593

Openreach have provided the following note - awaiting work start date

The fault is still in hand with Openreach and I will post back as soon as they provide additional information.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi JA593

We should have further updates from Openreach on this fault by tomorrow 05/10.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 16

That mobile number does not get a clean bill of health, @JA593:

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/07378905544

Regarding compensation, the auto compensation is generous.

See the Ts&Cs, linked at the foot of the page, which detail the limits of Talktalk's liability. 

When replying to notification emails, staff can't receive your email as it is a No Reply address. You need to always post back in the thread on the forum. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi JA593

Apologies, our auto compensation team can only take a look at this once the fault has been fully resolved.

I have been monitoring the fault and it's still with Openreach, no additional updates available at the moment.

About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Debbie, 

Replied to this message but have received no reply. I can not tell who the text is from but it was received  from 07378905544 and followed on from a post from community star Ferguson. 

I realise that compensation is due 3 working days after fault but this will in no way  cover the  mobile data I have used just on normal use,  let alone TV streaming. On o2 this is £10 per GByte.

Is there no further way in which  Talktalk can help as I will soon have no data left to even use my tablet.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi JA593

We would not ask you to confirm/update details by text message. Did the text message say it was from TalkTalk?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Received a text from 07378905544 asking me to upgrade all my security questions and it looks like it could be a phishing attempt as it asks for answers to questions I have not to my knowledge provided you with before.

Can someone please call me.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi JA593

Apologies you were not updated on the fault progress.

I will monitor this for you now and I will post further updates on this thread.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Would be nice if Talktalk would keep effected customers updated and not left them to find out from other ISP's.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

Hi JA593

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Openreach have left the following notes:

A damage event has occurred to the infrastructure. Next update on or before 05/10/23

I will keep monitoring for updates and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

I should have mentioned, if you incur additional mobile data costs this should be more than covered by the automatic compensation scheme once the service is restored.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

The support team here here can certainly check what is happening here when they are back online tomorrow. From what you have described it looks like a serious incident and many homes are likely to be affected. One can only hope that Openreach can pull their collective fingers out and get this sorted. Even given the circumstances, 13 October seems like a depressingly long lead in time. 

0 Likes