cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Buffering After Upgrading From Fibre 35 To Fibre 65.

keithabrown
Team Player
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

I recently upgraded from Fibre 35 to Fibre 65.  The problem I have is that when streaming or watching videos there is constant buffering. I didn't have this problem with Fibre 35.  I don't know if the problem is with the router or my PC.  I have cleared the cache and switched the router off and on but still have the problem.  Any suggestions how to resolve this problem much appreciated. Router is D-Link DSL - 3782. I have the problem using both Firefox and Chrome.    

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 21 of 44
0 Likes

keithabrown
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 44

Hi Debbie

Only tried on PC up till now.  I will try watching one of the problem videos on my mobile and get back to you. 

Message 23 of 44

Hi Keith

Thanks for confirming. Have you tested on different devices or only with the PC?

0 Likes

keithabrown
Team Player
Private Message
Message 24 of 44

Hi Debbie

Yes wired connection to my PC. I have already returned the old router, cables etc. 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 44

Hi Keith

I'm sorry to hear this.

Is this happening on wired devices?

0 Likes

keithabrown
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 44

Hi Debbie

Unfortunately the replacement router hasn't resolved the buffering problems when streaming or watching videos on certain websites. I think that in general pages are loading quicker but I still have the buffering problem as before.  There must be a different reason for the change since upgrading to Fibre 65. Someone has suggested trying a different browser.  I already have the same problem in Firefox and Chrome. Brave browser was suggested.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 27 of 44

Hi Keith

How's the connection been over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 44

Morning,

Great thanks for confirming and we'll check back in with you on Monday to see how the connection has been over the weekend.

Thanks

0 Likes

keithabrown
Team Player
Private Message
Message 29 of 44

Hi Debbie

I installed the new router this afternoon and will update you with the result.  Hopefully the buffering problem will be resolved. 

Keith

0 Likes

Message 30 of 44

Hi Keith

Ok no problem, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

keithabrown
Team Player
Private Message
Message 31 of 44

Hi Debbie

Yes, the router was delivered yesterday. I need to liaise with my alarm company because when I install the new router they will have to reconnect all the alarm devices.  I expect to connect the router in the next day or so.  Once I have done it I will update you.

Thanks

Keith 

Message 32 of 44

Hi Keith

How are you getting on, have you received the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 33 of 44
0 Likes

keithabrown
Team Player
Private Message
Message 34 of 44

Thank you Debbie.

Message 35 of 44

Hi Keith

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

keithabrown
Team Player
Private Message
Message 36 of 44

Hi

Yes please. Trying a replacement router is a good idea.  It might resolve the problem.

Thanks

Message 37 of 44

Hi,

Ok, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how the connection compares? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

keithabrown
Team Player
Private Message
Message 38 of 44

Wired connection.  The buffering problem has only happened after speed increased.  No buffering ever prior to this change.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 44

Morning,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. Can I just confirm, do you experience the buffering when connected wired or wireless please?

Thanks

0 Likes

keithabrown
Team Player
Private Message
Message 40 of 44

Have included my TalkTalk telephone number in my community profile as you requested.

0 Likes