cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

CAN PLEASE SOMEONE IN TALKTALK SAVE US FROM MELAN?!!!

Husam
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

We need help please.  Anyone went through this before?!!!

We are really under extreme stress because of a manager at TalkTalk called Melan. We had a big issue with the broadband service that we had to complaint. He started handling. the complaint with an aggressive and appaling attitude. First time he called, it was very clear that he didn't get enough information about that the issue is, and he is just performing a tickbox excercise. He is always rushed and doesn't listen, and just want to force on you his words, judgement and opinions. Whatever you say or ask, he just Anwer something else inline what he already has in mind. He even end the call while we talk, without any warning. Because of the extreme stress and frustration he has put us under for 3 calls, we have asked to deal with other manager, Surprisingly, he called again and he said he is the only manager who will handle the case. We called and o through the chat option to request another person to talk to instead of him, but we again received calls from him, as we are slaved into his cell, with no escape. Finally he said that there is no solution and we can go to another provider. We really lost all our trust in TalkTAlk service and team, but we also feel very intimidated from this whole experience, which we strongly believe it should not be just skipped. 

We have been with TalkTalk for almost 3 years now. Our package is 150. The service was running well until about 6 months ago, when the service completely dropped and we had no service for few days. They sent an openreach engineer, who insisted on changing the masted socket from the middle of my house, to the kitchen at one end of the house, as this was closer to their pole. We tried to resist and object as our house is large, but he insisted and said this is the only way.

Over the past 6months the device was absolutely not stable and not reaching half of the rooms. We get boosters from talktalk, but which improved the coverage slightly, but still some rooms don't get signals. We have lived with that for 3 months, who the service started to be unstable. All of the sudden the speed will drop to 20.s or even less, some time 70.s, sometimes 140.s, all when testing next to the router. This has dramatically affected our children studying as they are in GCSE and heavily depending on the broadband.

We contacted the customer service and we stayed almost three and a half hour to solve the issue on chat and phone, and then they said they will send an Talktalk engineer. After about 15mins, the lady we were talking to called and said they tested the line and they feel the problem is with the open reach connection and they will rather send an open reach engineer rather than talktalk engineer. We said that we just want our service to be stable, and we are not technical, so we are happy with whatever will fix it.

The Openreach engineer came, and said there is nothing with their connection, and it is the old equipments talktalk sent to us, which they haven't been installing over the last 2 years. The talktalk engineer came and confirmed that the equipments are old, in addition to the fact that the installation of the master socket in a spot at the end of the house plus being in the kitchen is completely wrong and it has to go back to the old spot. 

Then Melan called and said at the beginning they will can't do anything. When asked about the engineer report he resisted to tell what is in the report and then confirmed that the Talktalk engineer wrote what is above. he said he will discuss with his supervisor and get back. This is when we again asked for someone else to handle our case.

We then got our bill with £75 over charge, and when we enquired, they said it is because of the open reach engineer visit as they didn't find anything wrong with their connections!!! We explained that we didn't ask for them and this has been decided by talktalk to send based on their assessment, in addition that we are still struggling with the unstable and dropping service. The answer was that they can not do anything!!!!

Few days and on the last bank holiday, Melan surprisingly called again and said that they can't do anything, and we can go to another provider, with no penalty as we are already out of contract. when we enquired about the £75 as it was not us who asked to send, he said they will wave it if we accepted to them to end the service. We said but they didn't solve the problem and we want to take this to the ofcom, he said in that case he will not waive these £75, and he will take it to one of the CEO.s who will contact us.

Today, to our sadness, anger and frustration, Melan called again, but we were lucky that we were busy at work and couldn't pick up the phone, but he left a message.

We reached a stage that we are fed up with all this stress and extremely bad experience, but on the other hand, we are full of anger on how we are being treated. There must be a way this to be investigated and stopped. Customers should not be treated with that unacceptable quality of service or managers attitude.

We came here to hear from others about their thoughts and if they ever had such experiences. All thoughts are appreciated.

IMG_3222.PNGIMG_3218.PNGIMG_3206.PNGIMG_3203.PNGIMG_3219.PNGIMG_3210.PNGIMG_3204.PNGIMG_3211.PNGIMG_3207.PNGIMG_3205.PNG
A surgeon
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Husam

Ok, I'm just checking if wired speeds are stable first? (before we focus on the wireless)

0 Likes

Husam
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

The wireless when standing next to the route.

Just to clarify. Are you saying that you can not guarantee stable speed on wireless, tested on a modern iPhone & Mac, even when you are standing next to the router. Additionally, you cannot guarantee the house coverage by you routers? You are saying that if you are testing the wireless, then it is normal for talktalk service to be unstable?

Please clarify!

A surgeon
0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi Husam

The wired speed tests are also varying and dropping low to 20mb?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

It is up and down all time. From 20.s at times through all the numbers you can imagine up to 140.s. Always give a warning that it is unstable when you perform the test

A surgeon
0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi Husam

What speed do you receive on a wired speed test and a wireless speed?

0 Likes

Husam
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 16

What about the stable connection and minimum speed, you don't also guarantee?

A surgeon
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi Husam

We can't guarantee a specific WIFI speed in all rooms.

We do have a minimum guaranteed speed (wired) but speeds can vary over wireless in certain rooms. It also depends how many devices are online and in use at the same time etc.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Chris.

I am afraid this I not accurate. I just want stable connection with the minimum speed I paid for, that is reaching all the rooms.

How this is achievable, is very technical, and I am not in a position to ask, not to mention to dictate how this will be done. What I know is that before the outage that happened more than 6/12 ago and the change of the place of the master socket, we were having good service

Can this be achieved?

Thanks

A surgeon
0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

OK thanks. I've checked the engineer notes and can't see any mention of old equipment, it does mention that you would like the master socket moving, is this correct?

Chris

0 Likes

Husam
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

Hi Chris

Saturday 18 May, 2024 at 2.45pm. His name was Stuart

Thanks

A surgeon
0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi Husam,

Could I just ask, when did you have a visit from a TalkTalk engineer?

Chris

0 Likes

Husam
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

Thank you for checking. 

I understand that the openreach engineer mentioned that nothing wrong with their wires. Nevertheless, he mentioned that our open reach modem and talktalk router equipments and settings are old. I am not sure why he was sent by TalkTalk from the beginning. TalkTalk is trying to charge me for something I have nothing to do with. 

I am talking here about the report of the TalkTalk engineer, who came after the openreach one. At that time, we had a new TalkTalk router, but still the old open reach modem. Can you please expand on what he put in his report? He confirmed that the equipments are old as the open reach engineer mentioned. He also said that putting the removing the master socket to the end of the house and in the kitchen, is a huge factor on what we are experiencing. He told us he will put that in his report. Can you please confirm what was in his report?

A surgeon
0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi Husam

The notes from the last Openreach engineer visit advised that the connection was working ok - No faults detected.

Engineer hasn't found any issue with modem / router.Engineer hasn't found any issue with extension wiring. Additional information: Engineer has proved a working connectivity to customer.

Have you recently tested with a new TT router?

0 Likes

Husam
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Thank you for the reply

We have done all this. We are struggling with this for more than a month now. 

The engineer commented on the equipment. I am not sure which. I assume you should have the engineer report.

Can we know please what was in the reports exactly?

A surgeon
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear and the sync speed looks ok. Can I just confirm, was this last speed test completed wired? 

When the engineer commented on the equipment, do you know if they were referring to the Openreach modem or the router? Have you ever tested a different router? Have you also tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes