cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Can't connect to work Vpn

Luke8
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi, 

I have just recently had future fibre installed at my home with a new router and now I am unable to connect to my work Vpn when I never had a problem before, when I try to connect it comes up with the below message:

"The VPN connection between your computer and the VPN server could not be completed. The most common cause for this failure is that at least internet device (for example, a firewall or a router) between your computer and the VPN server is not configured to allow Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) protocol packets. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or Internet Service Provider"

Please can someone help with what I need to do to get this to work? I have tried restarting the router but had no luck 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Luke

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Luke8
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

Hi Debbie, 

I can confirm this is working now. 

Thank you 

Message 3 of 11

Message 4 of 11

Hi Luke

The firmware has now updated, please can you retest?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 5 of 11

Luke8
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 11

That's great!

Thank you 

Message 7 of 11

Hi Luke

Thank you. I need to make a change to your router firmware.

I will post back to confirm once this has been completed.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Luke8
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi I have now added the requested information. 

Thanks 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi Luke8

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number/order number to your Community Profile.

We can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Which router do you have? Subject to that, if you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.