cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cancellation of service

gaz66
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Spent much of this morning trying to contact Talk Talk to cancel my contract. Rang their number and, after going through the options, the line went fuzzy and a voice said the call could not be completed. I then looked on here and found an old customer service number, but it was 'no longer in use.' Talk Talk certainly do not make it easy to leave. Wonder if there are any other ways to contact them to cancel, alternative phone numbers or emails? if push comes to shove, I will have to write to them and give them my 30 days notice to cancel. Strange thing to do in this digital age.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 10

If you need further advice, @Lib319, please follow up on your own thread, here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/It-s-not-me-it-s-you/td-p/2874200#M360126

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

If you are leaving TT will still bill you a month in advance on your normal billing date as the billing and cancellations rarely align, also the billing system never "knows" your end date.

Once you have left, the next bill will show a refund for the period from your end date.

If you leave your DD in place you can claim the refund by bank transfer via your online My Account (which remains active), the next bill will then show a zero balance and it is then safe to cancel your DD.

If you have cancelled your DD, you will have to request a refund by cheque.

If you normally pay by DD, cancelling it before leaving could result in you being bombarded with emails to reinstate it.

You'll have to wait for staff or community star confirmation as to how final payments can be made if no DD is in place.

0 Likes

Lib319
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for that martswain. Does anyone know how they get the cancellation fee if the direct debit has been cancelled? Cheers.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

If you wish to move to another ISP that uses the phone line to provide your service, then ordering from them will mean they contact TT to take over service, Google "gaining provider led switching", make sure you request to port your phone number if that is important to you.

That assumes you are on Fast Broadband or Fibre 35/65/150 over a phone line.

If still in contract with TT, early termination fees will apply.

In that case, ensure you receive a "sorry to hear you are leaving" communication from TT.

With full fibre services including Virgin, you will have to cancel directly with TT as they use different cables and technology.

0 Likes

Lib319
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

What can customers do is there is no reply to phone calls to cancel? 

Would getting another provider be the quickest way of ending the contract?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Hi  gaz66

We cant process cancellations on the community.  

We can only aske that you keep trying.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Thanks for your replies. That's the number I've been ringing and getting no joy. I rang it again a few moments ago. Same response or non response. After going through the options, the line goes fuzzy and a voice says, cannot complete you call.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

0345 172 0088 is the number to call.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

The current contact number is 03451 720088, @gaz66.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes