cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connected - No Internet

Hugh88
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 80 of 80

I wonder if anyone has had a similar issue to mine. I returned from holiday on the 19th September to find that my router (Huawei HG633) would not connect to the internet.

All devices showed Connected/No Internet.

I contacted TalkTalk and after struggling with a bot and a foreign call centre agent I managed to get them to send a new router. A new router, WiFi Hub was received on the Monday 25th September.  After setting up the router the dreaded amber light appeared and would not go away. Same issue "connected/no internet". Back on to TalkTalk via chat explained the situation and they decided that there was a problem with my home network and booked a QUEBGB Engineer to attend on the 30th September. The Engineer attended confirmed that there was no issue with the home set up and tried another router. Same issue " Connected/No Internet". He then said there may be a fault on the external line and this would need to be checked by open reach. Strangely when I checked the Fault tracker it stated incorrectly that the fault had been fixed.

Back on to talktalk who then arranged an open reach engineer to call on the 5th October. Open reach engineer stated no fault with external line and the problem was at the talktalk end. Faulttracker closed the job again and like a game of snakes and ladders it was back to the start. Frustration, Exasperation was now starting to creep in. I again after a lengthy process managed to contact TalkTalk who then arranged for an expert TalkTalk Engineer to visit, yesterday,  on the 12th October. Lo and behold the engineer could find nothing wrong with the home set up and said the problem seemed to be at the talktalk end. He the escalated it again for a visit by an open reach engineer.

Now this visit will most likely be a waste of time as the external line is fine. I believe that the issue lies with the replacement TalkTalk router the WiFi Hub. This router is designed for full fibre services and my package is the Fibre 35 which is a slower package that relies on the Open Reach network . The router I should have is the WiFi Hub Black which is more compatable with my package. My head is sore with banging it against TalkTalks walls and if there is any moderator looking in can you please arrange a WiFi Hub Black to be sent to replace the WiFi Hub as I have had no internet connection since the 19th September 2023 and I am having to get by using my next door neighbours WiFi untill this sorry mess is resolved. 

I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience.

79 REPLIES 79

Message 21 of 80

Hi Chris,

Hate to be a pest but I haven't heard anything from Yodel regarding a delivery. Normally they send an e-Mail to advise of delivery timescale as soon as the item reaches their depot. If the package was despatched on Monday I'd have expected some communication from them could you please confirm that it has definately been despatched.

Thanks

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 22 of 80
0 Likes

Message 23 of 80

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that. Hopefully that will do the trick and I'll get my phone working again.

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 24 of 80

Hi Hugh,

The wifi hub 2 was dispatched yesterday, it should be with you either today or tomorrow

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 80

Karl,

The eero is not connected and never has been as my phone was unable to download the app due to the bluetooth being incompatible. So I couldn't use the eero. I am using the Wifi Hub Fast at the moment but the Grandstream Digital Voice Adaptor doesn't work with it as it is designed for use with the eero. Now I explained this on Thursday and both yourself and Michelle suggested the WiFi Hub 2 with VoIP as a solution and I was led to believe one was on the way after your response on Thursday. Now It is pointless sending out an eero if I can't set it up.  The eero isn't at fault it is still in its original packaging as I can't use it. I have been mis-sold this package as I was advised that as long as my phone had Android 7 or above it would be fine, no mention was made of bluetooth 4 BLE being required at the point of sale. So either the contract gets cancelled without penalty or a Wifi Hub 2 with VoIP is offered as an alternative solution. There is no point in going down the eero route.  Can you please just arrange the wifi hub 2 with VoIP to be sent out, if that works then fine and i'll return the eero.

Cheers

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 26 of 80

Hi

I placed a manual order for the Hub2 with the logistics Team as your account will not allow me to order this directly.

I'll feedback to our network Teams that you already have tested with Eero, but I think they may want to rule the original out as possibly at fault.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 80

Hi Karl,

I haven't received any call on my mobile and as you know I have no landline at the moment as the VoIP isn't working, so phoning my landline is pointless. They will need to phone me on my mobile. Sending out a new eero isn't the solution as I already have one.  If you remember my mobile isn't compatible for the eero app. You said on Thursday (see message 22 of 53) that you had ordered a WiFi Hub 2 with VoIP. Clearly this hasn't been ordered as you stated as I haven't received any messages from Yodel regarding any delivery. 

Can you please confirm if the wifi hub 2 has been ordered.

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 28 of 80

Hi

Our Network team advised they did give a call but were unable to contact you.

They have ordered an EERO for you, to see if this will test differently, and have booked in a call for you on Wednesday 10-12

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Hugh88
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 29 of 80

Thanks for that Karl.

New post now created regarding the contract change.

Back to the current issue though. I am still experiencing slow download speeds. I'm only acheiving a maximum of 9Mbs. When I check my speed on my connection I get the mesage "Great! You're getting the download speed of 156Mbps as expected." Then under this is  the comment "Your guaranteed speed: 9Mbps" Surely Fibre 150 should be delivering speeds greater than 9Mbps. My actual download speeds aren't much different to my old Fibre 35 contract. The other thing I noticed is that Check My Connection  now doesn't provide download/upload speeds and ping results . When I use other speed test sites the speeds are download 107 upload 31 ping 28ms. I realise that speeds change due to bandwith and traffic. When I checked the speeds at the ONT I was reciving 93.8/31.6Mbps and 15ms ping.

So something is not quite right here. Did the network team get back to you on Friday.

Regards

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 30 of 80

Hi

Please see my last reply.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 31 of 80

How do I post it in the billing section? Do I have to raise a new topic. How is this done.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 80

Hi

Go to  Billing - TalkTalk Help & Support  and click the Start a Topic button at the top.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 33 of 80

Hi

How do I start a new topic?

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 34 of 80

Hi Hugh88

As my community colleague advises, post this in our billing section and Arne will pick this up for you, he's very good at all things billing and contract related.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 35 of 80

@Hugh88, probably better to copy & paste your post about the contract change in the billing section of the forum for Arne to take a look at it during the week.

All support on the forum is online only.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 36 of 80

Hi Karl,

I wonder if you can help with this or get someone to contact me on my mobile (as I've no landline due to VoIP issue) even an e-mail would be welcome. I tried the on line chat around 6pm but couldn't get anyone. I checked my on line account today and was alarmed to find that I'd received a revised contract summary dated 03 Nov 2023. The undernoted extract concerns me regarding the estimated speeds.  

Date 3 Nov 2023
TalkTalk Fibre 150
Contract summary
• This contract summary provides the main elements of this service offer as required by UK law.
• It helps to make a comparison between service offers.
• Complete information about the service is provided in other documents.
Services and equipment
Your TalkTalk Fibre 150 plan includes Digital Voice. Our TalkTalk Wi-Fi Router is included free of charge
Speeds of the internet service and remedies
You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 36.00 Mbps and 37.00 Mbps with a
minimum guaranteed download speed of 35.00 Mbps and upload speed of 7.00 Mbps

Now the above is totally different to what was agreed on the 13th Oct 2023 i.e. 

Speeds of the internet service and remedies
You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 150.0 Mbps and 153.0 Mbps with a
minimum guaranteed download speed of 120.0 Mbps and upload speed of 30.0 Mbps
We'll try to ensure you get the estimated speeds; however, we can't guarantee this. If, you're regularly getting significantly lower download speeds, please contact us so we can try to help improve your speed. If after 30 days following your reporting of the problem to us, your download speed still regularly falls below the minimum guaranteed download speed, you may cancel the service without penalty. 

Why has my package contract information been changed. This is not what I agreed to. As far as I am concerned this is a breach of conract. I would also state that on a practical level I am only getting download speeds of up tp 9Mbps. The speeds I am receiving do not comply with the Broadband Speed Code of Conduct. I understand that there may be a bedding in period and speeds can vary during this time, however, I am concerned regarding this unagreed change to my contract and require clarification.  Is someone getting confused with my previous fibre 35 package. I'd appreciate any help you can give regarding this.

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 37 of 80

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 38 of 80

Thanks Karl. I'l lcheck back later to see if there's been any updates.

Hugh

0 Likes

Message 39 of 80

Hi

I've asked our network teams to take a look and see if there are any visible issues.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 40 of 80

Yes it was the TT one

0 Likes