cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connection drops - over last few days

abntt7
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi

My connection has been stable for years. Since last week its been dropping out for a few minutes then coming back. This could happen 3 or 4 times before it becomes stable again.

Have powered off the router etc.

The connection seems to be dropping at the BT Openreach fibre 150 device, as the lights go off there, before coming on stable again

Did a line check and it did say fault found

Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi abntt7

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 2 of 14

Hi

Its been good since, so hopefully that's sorted it!

Thanks

Message 3 of 14

Hi abntt7

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved - Copper Overhead Network - Dropwire Pole.

Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi abntt7

Has the Openreach engineer contacted you today? We are waiting for the engineers notes to be updated.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi abntt7

The fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning. We should hopefully have more information/updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi abntt7

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers, there are no further updates at the moment.

I will continue to monitor this for additional updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Good afternoon,

Thank you for checking this. The line test is still detecting a potential voice fault so I've raised thist straight over to Openreach to complete an external line investigation. This can take between 48-72hrs, however we will check for an update on the fault first thing on Monday morning and will post an update back here.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi

Ok plugged in a handset.

There is definitely a background buzz/whirring sound i can hear

Internet did drop once when i made a call from the handset but might have been coincidence as it was having one of its sessions where it keeps dropping.

Which seems to be the trend. Most of the time its solid, and then it will go up and down a few times within 30 mins

ta

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi abntt7

Thank you. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Sure. Will borrow one from work

ta

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi,

Would it be possible to borrow a handset just for testing purposes as a voice fault can affect the broadband connection and we would need to raise this first?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Thanks for checking

We never have telephone connected to the wall socket (dont even have one anymore), so can't test

Thanks

Andy

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential voice fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes