cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Contract and moving house

CaitlinChattoe
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi, I'd like to sign up to TalkTalk, but all the contracts are for 18 or 24 months, whereas our tenancy is only 12 months. I'm not sure whether or not we'll be moving by the end of the year, so I want to know if there's an option for moving a contract with me to a new property, before making a commitment.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Thanks! That was really helpful!

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Correct as long as you go through the homemove process with us and start a new contract there are no cancellation fees or homemove fee. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the clarification, but just to make sure I understand: If I were to sign up for a 24 month contract, but moved house after 12 months, I can start a new contract with no fees (e.g. early cancellation fees)? Also, would that mean starting a brand new 24 month contract, in this instance?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi @CaitlinChattoe

Thanks for your post.

You can request a homemove at anytime during your contract (as long as we provide to the new property) if you wish to continue with the current contract there is a charge, which is waived if you take a new contract at the new property. 

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

If you move to a new property, @CaitlinChattoe, using the Talktalk homemove, there's a £60 charge. 

If you use home move but then take out a new contract, that fee would be waived. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes