cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

D-Link Router (DSL-3782) - RESTART (NOT Reset!)

Vanguard_50024
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 39

Why can't I restart my router from the Admin page?

If there is another place, please advise?

Thanks.

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 21 of 39

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you tried factory resetting the router and then re-setting it up again? What's the intermittent issue with the bingo site please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 22 of 39

@Vanguard_50024 

I have re-escalated this to the support team for you, hopefully they will pick it up tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 39

Hi All who have been helping with this, just an update to tell you that my Internet has been connected and stable all weekend however I am still experiencing disconnect faults with Betfair (Bingo) but I'll only bore you with the details if you really need to know?

The white LED on my box is barely lit and certainly nowhere near as bright as the amber LED when it flashes.

I have rechecked the router webpage and it is still showing as disconnected from the internet, is there any other information I can send that will help?

RouterRouter

I await your update.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 39

I can only hook up the phone line from one port so have the new one still connected unless it starts giving me grief.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 39

Well I don't know what to make of that, do you still have your previous router connected?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 39

My Internet is working fine but here's something else that doesn't quite make sense either as the router thinks I am not connected to the internet?

Should I try a hard reboot of the box?

Vanguard_50024_0-1722615832191.png

0 Likes

Message 27 of 39

OK, that's a wee bit odd, unless you intentionally disabled it in the router settings. But it's working OK? 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 39

No - the white LED has not yet lit up at all.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 39

Presumably it's a steady white now?

0 Likes

Message 30 of 39

OK - I have now connected using a network cable and have established connections on both laptops (the other wirelessly) and also hooked up Skybox as well.

I think it is a bit of a poor design though to have only one LED light on the router (even if it is supposed to be on now).

I will see how the performance fairs over the weekend.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 39

Staff will follow up after the weekend, @Vanguard_50024.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 32 of 39

Chris,

The box has arrived and after swapping the phone line over and switching on I can't see a white light only the blinking amber light which starts 1/second but then slows a bit and after about a minute, it goes out?

Have tried several times and then re-connected my current router and after start-up, normal service resumed.

I visited the website for help but it tells me absolutely nothing about rectifying this fault? I cannot run both routers at the same time.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 39

Hi Vanguard,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 39

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the swift response, I did see the light's go out and my box seemed to re-set so presumed you had done something. Please can you send out the replacement? I gather this will not cost me anything?

I'll compare the performance for a week or so and respond on this thread.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 39

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. The 3782 is one of our older routers. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how the connection compares and to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 36 of 39

Hi,

Thanks for both replies and the reason I want to restart is for internet connectivity issues which I have experienced on and off for the last week or so. The light's on the box are showing green but I am losing connection to a specific website that has been plaguing me for months. I was thinking it is Belfair's problem but it might be TalkTalk's? The site displays a message "Server unavailable" and I have to carry out some login sequence on my 2nd laptop to restore the game I am playing. This fault has not resulted in total loss of internet as in more recent times and I am told that Betfair are looking into it and have been for 3 or 4 months???

I sometimes get the red L.E.D. (3rd one in from the left) and sometimes I get the "OOps you're not connected" message on my screen in the form of a webpage (but not entirely sure where that is coming from).

I note the comment about the age of my router but have not had any information from TalkTalk to have this updated?

The previous router had a radio button on the admin page which when clicked re-started the device.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 37 of 39

Morning,

Can I just confirm, are you experiencing any issues with your connection? Is this why you need to restart the router?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 39

This begs a few questions in response! Why do you have such an old router? Is this the first time you have noticed this? Why do you want to restart it?

Restarting means simply interrupting the connection to the internet, generally achieved by switching it off at the mains and then switching it on again around 30 minutes later. A reset is usually accomplished via pinhole/button and of course is best avoided if you have any personalised settings. Not sure I have ever encountered a restart feature from a router itself?

0 Likes