cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DG8041W dropping connection and reconnecting

100scott
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Since my router was replaced recently I have been experiencing connection issues. I read on another thread that a firmware upgrade resolved this. Please can you apply this to my router. Thank you.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi 100scott

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

100scott
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Thanks for that Debbie.

I can see the update has been installed and will monitor the performance and hopefully no more disconnections.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi 100scott

Thanks for confirming this. I've made a change to the firmware, please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

100scott
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

This is the latest error message:

[Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

Software version is v1.05t

This router was replaced on 5th October by an engineer who came to look at previous broadband issues with download speed. When he was here he checked the incoming line as well as our internal setup and gave them the all clear. 

The line intermittently drops then reconnects or the router reboots. This at times is a daily occurrence which is not acceptable when working from home.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi 100scott

I'm sorry to hear this.

The router has the latest firmware version. The line test is also clear.

Are you seeing an error in the router logs?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @100scott,

If you are familiar with how to log into the router and check the log then it would be worth seeing if the log mentions a 'Kernel Panic' error at the time of the restart. If you do see any error like that then a firmware upgrade from 1.05t to 1.06t will fix the issue. If you don't see a Kernel Panic error in the log then the firmware upgrade is probably not going to fix it.

If you are not seeing any Kernel Panic errors then the issue may be that your router is dropping its connection to the internet, if this is the case it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.