cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Exiting from previous supplier

Molly-j84
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Hi, how do I disconnect from my old broadband supplier, do talk talk do it for me or do I need to contact them myself? Please can someone advise. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi,

I'm assuming as you have logged onto this forum you already have an account and service from TalkTalk.

When setting up the service did you request TalkTalk to take over the existing service? If so they would have contacted your old supplier to cease the service and your old supplier should have co tacted you to ensure you actually had put the transfer in motion. If you didn't respond then they would assume this is all in order.

That's it in general terms, but there are exceptions, such as changing from Virgin to TalkTalk where you must give notice and others such as applying for a different service than that you had.

If you didn't ask to switch or give notice you can continue to be charged by your old supplier to.

I would recommend that you contact your old supplier and see if TalkTalk have given them notice or if you should do so in accordance with your contract. You may still have to give a notice period even if your TalkTalk service is up and running.

Thee sooner the better for you so you know where you stand.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).