cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Faulty router need a new one

Peshy42
Participant
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

My TT router has a fault, constant amber light. Tech service ran checks got me to check connection filters socket landline all working fine. They tried firmware update router hard reset plus multiple reboots still constant amber light no internet. They booked engineer to visit but earliest date is in 10 days. I requested a new router but they declined saying engineer visit is required. I told them internet works when I set up old legacy router I had. Tech service could clearly see at their end I had internet connection when hooked up to old legacy router. I repeated my request for new router. They declined saying engineer has to visit first. I asked to speak to supervisor but no one available. How can I escalate to get a new router sent asap. Fault REP no 12018715.

AAP
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 17

No sorry, I cannot send it to your email address, because I have no access to your account. However, I will send you it via PM.

Initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed in), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so that I can find it easily.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Keith - Please send guide to my registered email address

AAP
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

Hi @Peshy42 

Sorry for the delay in picking this up, I have been very busy this morning. Thanks to @ferguson for drawing this to my attention and @Debbie-TalkTalk for pre-empting my request to get Wi-Fi Optimisation turned off.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 5 of 17

Hi Peshy42

I have switched the WIFI optimisation off.

Could you try a different wireless channel Change your wireless channel

Message 6 of 17

No how do I do this?

Why is this replacement router causing an issue whereas previous ones worked fine?

AAP
0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Peshy42

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you tested different wireless channels?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 17

OK, then it may be a case of WiFi settings needing tweaking. @KeithFrench could you help here, please? 

Message 9 of 17

Yes and yes

AAP
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 17

Is this the same router that was working four days ago? Is it OK with a wired connection? 

Peshy42
Participant
Private Message
Message 11 of 17

My replacement router Wi-Fi Hub (device version Fast 5364-3 T8)is causing issues. Signal strength is terrible one bar on device sited 10 meters away. Previous router had full strength signal. iPad drops connection to Wi-Fi. Sony laptop has stopped connecting to Wi-Fi r saying “Unable to connect to this service” despite previously connecting. Ring doorbell fails to connect due to weak signal despite being located 10meters away. Wifi signal strength drops to one bar or less on any device more than 7 meters away. What is going on. Is there an issue with the replacement routers being sent. Not happy given I need consistent Wi-Fi connection for home working. I temporarily had an old TT router set up that worked perfectly. HELP!

AAP
0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi Peshy42

Thanks for your reply.

I'm really sorry for the issues you experienced when reporting this issue to our Faults Team. I will feed this back.

If you do experience any further issues, then please let us know on this thread and we will investigate this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Peshy42
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 17

Replacement router arrived and all works now so thanks Debbie for arranging this.

However why didn’t tech team use their common sense and send a replacement router as per my request.

Why has it taken this forum for sometime at TT to engage their brain and respond to my request.

If I didn’t have a spare router lying around I would have potentially been without internet connection for at least 10days since BT Openreach engineers were fully booked up to then. Totally unacceptable.

A simple sorry is not good enough.
Something fundamental is not working here with TTs approach to my problem.

How many other users in similar position to me have been give the same daft response by tech team as I was.

Rant over.

AAP
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Peshy42

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 15 of 17

Many thanks will await update 

AAP

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi @Peshy42,

The support team here on the community should be able to pick this up tomorrow.

If they think it is necessary they will be able to send you a replacement router.