cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Flakey slow broadband

Adeke
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I have fibre 150 and the service quality is poor - except for perhaps 3 days in 3 months the minimum guaranteed speed has not been met - I get about 60meg and minimum is 110, also the connection keeps dropping - we can't stream anything like netflix or bbc (or work conference calls) as it just stops working and I have to reboot everything. I've spoken to talktalk support on the phone twice (give me strength) for over an hour each time, and I've since had the openreach engineer out who said I am too far from the exchange (over 420 metres, I took pictures of his test results) to get the speed quoted. Can someone do something, I never thought I'd say it but I want to go back to Virgin.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Sorry, no we don't 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

No plans for FTTP at my address so that's a no go - as asked in my post, do you offer SoGEA?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Adeke,

I'm sorry to here that the engineer can't improve your speed. You can check Future Fibre availability (FTTP) here - Guide to Future Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

If you'd like to go back to Fibre 65 you would need to speak to our Loyalty Team, they'll be able to do this and/or discuss other options, contact details can be found here - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

Apologies for any inconvenience but hopefully there's an option available that will suit your needs

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Michelle,

He said FTTP! If not then he said to see if you offer a 'SoGEA' service - I took a screenshot of what he was talking about as it was beyond me - if you don't know what it is then it probably needs a view from a good tech architect in talktalk - see attached

IMG_9150.PNG

He said otherwise about 60 meg is as good as I am going to get (stable) and so you would probably need to downgrade my service. Obviously I'm not entirely happy if this is only option you can offer as  I've paid for (and am guaranteed!) 110meg (so have been over-paying for the last three months) and if that's as good as it gets then I would probably look to go back to Virgin (250, stable) - so I would be after a refund of some sort having not received the service I've paid for and an option to end the contract without penalty given you can't provide the service in the contract.

Am hoping you can do some digging about this SoGEA thing - and if not you let me know what my options are,

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi,

If the engineer has previously advised that they can't improve the connection/speed based upon the line length then we can't guarantee that they will be able to improve this further, however we can arrange the visit if you would like to go ahead with this. Did the engineer advise what would resolve this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Adeke
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Michelle,

I've already had an engineer visit with this same problem (slow speeds, erratic connection since joining), and he advised I was too far from the exchange to get the advertised speeds - this is the screenshot from his gizmo and he said I need to be max 300m away to get a steady 110meg plus, since then you guys seem to hae boosted the speed from 60 up to 110 ish but the connection is even more erractic - we've given up on netflix etc and the kids can't play online games etc, you are welcome to get another engineer to visit but I fear we're going round in more circles - I am not getting the service I'm paying for, please advise,

IMG_9149.JPG

IMG_9145.JPG

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed is varying. If the connection is still unstable then we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate, would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks

0 Likes