Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HG633 closing forwarded port

chrisncc1701
Team Player
Message 44 of 44

Hi, I have a device ESP8266 conected to 192.168.1.37 forwarded to port 303 on HG633 router, the device has a keepalive active, the router keeps closing the port at various times, sometimes hours or day's, however when the port is closed stopping external traffic i can log on locally (192.168.1.37:303) and the port will reopen? the DHCP reservation and everything else is ok, i have attached screenshots, the device is used for "alexa"forwarding_5.JPG

forwarding_1.JPG

forwarding_2.JPG

forwarding_3.JPG

Any help please, and this is my first post so hope iv'e done it correctly

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

Message 41 of 44

I don't think that the router is at fault, I have never seen one do this before. Please can you try a factory default of the router's configuration?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 42 of 44

The device is working fine when the port is open waiting for external input but why is the port closing when the device is active? the router is at hardware H.1.01 and software at V2.00t, I have been in touch with the project author and have checked the ESP device, the routers port is just closing at random lengths of time

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 43 of 44

This sounds like your application on your device that this port is forwarded to is closing. Port Forwarding never opens a port, it just provides routing from the outside world to that device. It is the responsibility of that application running on the device to open the port.

It would seem that connecting to this application via its 192.168.1.37 address is waking up port 303, rather like UPnP. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes