cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

FAST5464 Modem Only or Bridge Mode?

domino138
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I did a search through old posts and couldn't find anyone with a 5464 router - hence this post!

I'm a new customer with TalkTalk Business and have been given this hub:

TalkTalk Business Wi-Fi Hub 2

Hardware Version:  FAST5464 2.00

Software Version:  SG4K100136

GUI Version:  5.6.1

It's all connected and working, but (as expected) it doesn't handle bufferbloat properly and there are no QOS settings on the router.  I'd like to use my own router with CAKE QoS.

I'd like to use the TalkTalk router as a modem because, for some reason, it is connecting with better Downstream and Upstream rates than my own Draytek Vigor 130 modem.

I can't see any setting for modem only or bridge mode on the router - is there a hidden menu option that I can set?  I'd rather not have to configure a double NAT if at all possible.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Have you connected one of the yellow ethernet sockets on the TT router to the WAN socket of your router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi @KeithFrench 

Thanks for the offer of help.  I've now done the following.

1. Configured the LAN side of the TalkTalk router with 192.168.254.1/24
  2. Changed the DCHP scope on the TalkTalk router to 192.168.254.100-200
  3. Configured the DMZ option on the TalkTalk router and pointed it to 192.168.254.10
  4. Lowered the firewall setting on the TalkTalk router to "Low" (I'd like to let my own router do the lion's share of the firewalling)
  5. Configured the WAN side of my router with a static IP of 192.168.254.10/24
  6. Configured the LAN side of my router with 192.168.1.1/24 plus the usual DHCP settings

Did I miss any config on the TalkTalk router?  Appreciate any additional advice.

Thanks!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

No it doesn't support modem mode as @ferguson said. However, it can easily be used as an initial router connected to the broadband and pass on an IP address to your own router.  I can give full details on configuring it like this if required.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

There isn't a modem only mode. As a TalkTalk Business customer I am afraid that this community cannot offer you support, other than in the most general way.

0 Likes