cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

A return to Slow Broadband speeds following BTOpenreach visit

Plazticfish
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I experienced slow BB speeds a few weeks back and went through the torture of a chat session. This resulted in a BTO engineer visiting and changing the Master Socket to the latest. All was well for a few days and the speeds returned to 30/4 from 18/2.  Following issues with a Teams call I checked again last week and the speed had reduced to 18/2. I have raised a case online which is open.

As I explained to the agent during the chat session, I cannot use the DG8041W. Instead I have a DSL modem in Bridge mode with Unifi USG  feeding 2 x US-8-60 switches , 2 AP's and an IW-6. I have rebooted the system. I have checked cables and still no change. The Unifi console does not show any issue on my home network. There is no noise on the landline. I have not yet disconnected and waited 30mins to allow the DLM to reset. I can do this if required. The latest test today using your system shows a line speed of 22Mb down. See attached.

Please will you investigate.

Thank you.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Plazticfish
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie, Let me find a micro filter and then I will confirm a suitable time.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Plazticfish

If you could provide a 30 minute time frame for me to run the test (with router at the test socket) then I can arrange for the line test to be completed then.

0 Likes

Plazticfish
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

My DSL modem is connected to a BT installed data extension in my study/office upstairs. The Type 4 master socket is downstairs. Since TT does not provide the ability to put the DG8041W into bridge mode, in order to be able to use my Unifi system with it, I have to use alternatives. I could plug the TT router into the master socket data port. I can't find a micro filter to allow me to plug into the test socket of the BT Mk4.

However, If I do this my home network system will be artwork and nothing else. Appreciate you need the TT router to run your diagnostics but I can only do this for a limited time as I am WFH. Can we arrange a suitable period to trial this. Perhaps you can PM me? Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi @Plazticfish 

The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property.

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket so we can run a line test in this set up?

0 Likes

ltk007
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

What can I say!

BB speed has gone from 39/8 to 12/2 and is now 25/2. Attempted to use the online "Check Connection" of TT only for it to report that a problem has been detected and to use the "chat" option to talk to an agent. Unfortunately, selecting this results in nothing happening!

Called technical support. The first call resulted in the agent commencing a line test, without warning, resulting in the line being disconnected. A second call later and after half an hour to the agent, I was informed that they are unable to access my account files and will call back within an hour when their systems are working. No call back received as expected.

BB speeds still an issue and no support from TT technical team. Great!

0 Likes

Plazticfish
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Hi Chris, no it is not. My DSL modem is connected to a BT Data extension, as my office is upstairs and the Master Socket downstairs. Thank you.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Plazticfish,

Is your router currently connected to the test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes