cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

A return to Slow Broadband speeds following BTOpenreach visit

Plazticfish
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 81 of 81

Hi,

I experienced slow BB speeds a few weeks back and went through the torture of a chat session. This resulted in a BTO engineer visiting and changing the Master Socket to the latest. All was well for a few days and the speeds returned to 30/4 from 18/2.  Following issues with a Teams call I checked again last week and the speed had reduced to 18/2. I have raised a case online which is open.

As I explained to the agent during the chat session, I cannot use the DG8041W. Instead I have a DSL modem in Bridge mode with Unifi USG  feeding 2 x US-8-60 switches , 2 AP's and an IW-6. I have rebooted the system. I have checked cables and still no change. The Unifi console does not show any issue on my home network. There is no noise on the landline. I have not yet disconnected and waited 30mins to allow the DLM to reset. I can do this if required. The latest test today using your system shows a line speed of 22Mb down. See attached.

Please will you investigate.

Thank you.

0 Likes
80 REPLIES 80

Plazticfish
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 81

Hi Michelle,

That's fine. Will advise tomorrow prior to switch over and can leave for an hour (if it helps).

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 42 of 81

Hello,

We'll be able to pick this up from 7am so we would just need around 20 minutes, would this be ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Plazticfish
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 81

Hi Michelle,

OK will disconnect my kit and install TT router in test socket tomorrow morning. Will advise prior to switch over. How much time do you need this for as  home security and other kit will be compromised whilst testing with TT router.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 44 of 81

Morning,

This would just help to rule out any internal issues as they next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Plazticfish
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 81

Hi Michelle,

Results over the past few days attached using Thinkbroadband. Also from this morning using TT speed test. As mentioned before, I am using DSL modem and Unifi Gateway+Switches+AP's. TT router is not connected. I can connect tomorrow for a short time if absolutely necessary. This is similar to previous problems. Please see posts from Lazyfish5.

Thank you

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 08.03.35.pngScreenshot 2024-07-18 at 08.06.00.png
0 Likes

Message 46 of 81

Good morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and the line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property and the connection still looks unstable. Did you have a chance to connect the router back at the test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 47 of 81

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming and we'll post back on Thursday with an update on your connection stats.

Michelle

0 Likes

Plazticfish
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 81

Hi Michelle,

The engineer told me the same. He advised the cables are corroded. He tested the speed at 25Mb down. My speed test showed 22Mb down. Normal speed I have been used to is between 27 and 30Mb down on a 40/10 profile.

Please will you keep a check on the connection. I also use Thinkbroadband's Broadband Quality Monitor and Speediest and will keep an eye on it too.

Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 49 of 81

Hi,

We've checked the fault and the update we've received from the engineer was that they were unable to locate a fault. The current sync speed is just below the minimum predicted speed range for the line. If the connection starts to stabilise then it's possible that DLM will start to increase the sync speed again. Would you like us to monitor this for you for the next 48hrs to see if DLM has made any changes to the speed?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Plazticfish
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 81

Hi Michelle,

If we need to go through the process of connecting the TT Router then I'm afraid I will have to leave it for a few days as I am WFH and don't have time. Can we arrange to do this on Friday for a period of an hour or so?

Thank you

0 Likes

Plazticfish
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 81

Hi Michelle,

Please see attached.

Thank you

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 12.10.16.png
0 Likes

Message 52 of 81

Ok, would it be possible to connect the router and phone back at the test socket so we can see if the connection stabilises and also if the sync speed then increases again?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Plazticfish
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 53 of 81

Hi Michelle,

The router is not connected to the test socket.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 54 of 81

Hi,

Ok thank you for confirming. I can see 3 re-connections over the last 24hrs. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Plazticfish
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 55 of 81

Hi Michelle,

I am not aware of any connection issues other than the slow speed.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 56 of 81

Morning,

Thanks for the update. I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Is your connection currently dropping as this looks like it could be affecting the sync speed?

Michelle

0 Likes

Plazticfish
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 81

Hi Michelle,

Speedtest result from this morning attached. Worse than yesterday.

Thank you

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 07.52.47.png
0 Likes

Message 58 of 81

Morning,

How has your connection been over the last 48hrs?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Plazticfish
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 81

Hi Chris,

After 24 hours.

Thank you

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 11.39.37.png
0 Likes