cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Sagemcom FAST 5364 - Guest Networks

BigJohn52
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I have a Sagemcom FAST 5364 router and noticed recently that there is an option now to have a guest network. However, when I set this up I found that it doesn't work!!

It would appear that there is a DNS server problem - the network addresses on the guest network are  192.168.8.* but the DNS server address is set to 192.168.1.1 instead of 192.168.8.1 and there doesn't appear to be a way to change this!

Please can you tell me what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

John
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi

just as an FYI, the bug reported by Keith has been passed to our device manager.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

There are all sorts of bugs affecting guest networks at the moment. I have just tried to replicate this and I do not get allocated a vaild IP address at all, just the Windows APIPA 169.254 one. I will raise this and the issue you get, which again is obviously wrong, with the developers later today.

I don't use guest networks as the router only has the one radio so it all shares the same channel.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes