cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

MY DEVICES in MY CONNECTION

Soloman13
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 51

Hi there! Can anyone tell me why the devices listed in MY DEVICES  are duplicated over and over.

According to the list I have 20 devices connected to my new sagecom router all working correctly.!!!!!

In fact I only have 11 devices, 2 of which are not on the list.

The other devices are duplicated over and over.

One device appears 4 times and others 2 times. No way for me to amend it and TalkTalk no help.

Any ideas?????

0 Likes
50 REPLIES 50

Message 1 of 51
0 Likes

Message 2 of 51

Hi Chris, OK let us keep the appointment. I will confirm on the openreach text.My wife and I are both here tomorrow morning and I will be just out the back with these machines so could be called if any info is required from me.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 3 of 51

Yes you only really need to provide access. Do you want me to leave the appointment for tomorrow or change it for another day

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 51

Sorry about this but I have just been informed that the plant demonstration that I have been expecting for months is coming tomorrow morning as well.would you believe it !!!!! Could the Engineers appointment be rearranged or I could juggle between the two if need be. I dont know what my involvement with the Engineer will be. Do I just have to provide access?

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 5 of 51

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow morning - May 01 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 51

OK, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 51

I will make myself available any time any day that an engineer is available!

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 8 of 51

Apologies, I can't see where you've specified times when you'll be available or do you just mean that you're available any weekday, AM or PM?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 51

I accept the potential engineers charges and am available during the specified times.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 10 of 51

I'm sorry but as I've said, I can only book the engineer when you've confirmed that you accept potential charges. If you are charged for the engineer visit and you think that the charge was incorrectly applied then you can contest the charge

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 51

Will you tell me when they are coming or does Openreach contact me direct?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 51

Chris you have confirmed that there is a reconnection issue with the line and it is up to Talktalk to correct the issue.

If the only way forward is to get an Engineer on your recommendation then so be it. Surely there is no question that the fault exists as you can testify and Open reach is responsible for the line into the house including the box. 

I am available during the times specified.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 13 of 51

If there's a fault with the line then there will be no charge. I'm sorry but we can only book the engineer if you confirm that you agree to potential charges

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 51

After every thing I have been through trying to get these line issues resolved over the last 12 months and you having evidence of reconnection issues so not just relying on my testimony. I don't see why I am liable for potential charges to establish a reliable and stable internet connection which I am paying for!!!!!!

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 15 of 51

OK, if you'd like us to book the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 51

Hi Chris, yes please send the engineer. You have the evidence of reconnections to give them. At last it is not just my word this is happening.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 17 of 51

It would be an Openreach engineer. We would give a description of the fault that you are experiencing. The engineer would then come out and run some test on the line and carry out any work that they think is required.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 51

As I said random reconnections. Some will be more noticable than others.

Would this be an Openreach engineer to check the box and localised external wiring.

Soloman13

0 Likes

Message 19 of 51

Line test is passing, shows a lot of reconnection on the 22nd but since then there are two showing on the 23rd and one on the 25th.

We can arrange an engineer visit to investigate the disconnections, if you'd like me to do this please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 51

Just after my last post tried to connect to MY ACCOUNT. Would not connect and telling me 'this site cannot be reached,' it has taken an age to be able to post this as this page has been problematic and would not load up.

I could spend all day recounting occasions of irregularity but the answer lies with you. I have been through this many times before and have been unable to get past 'the line is clear'. Checking for reconnections would seem to be a better overview of the problem.

Soloman 13

0 Likes