cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Have had a further email reminding me to return a router or be charged £50 even though I own it

NOTTSOP
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I recently ended my contract with Talktalk after many years.  I have had it confirmed (twice) on an online chat that I have paid for the router and have now been told to contact Talktalk again once I have been charged to get the fee waivered.  This just sounds like someone can't be bothered to deal with the query now and I simply don't have the time to keep contacting Talktalk over the same issue.  Can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Good to hear!

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

NOTTSOP
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

Hi guys. Thanks for all your help. My issue has now been resolved.

Message 4 of 8

Hi @NOTTSOP

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions 

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Staff here can probably help you with this once they can confirm the facts, which will save you another phone call, but another post on here.

Hopefully they will be in touch soon.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

NOTTSOP
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi. Appreciate your help & )'ve updated my personal.information like you said. I've had it confirmed that I bought the router in Feb 2019 as its documented on my bill for that time period. I've been told that I need to contact talktalk again once I've been charged the £50 & then they'll waiver it. I don't want ro sound like I'm moaning but I spent the best part of an hour on an online chat today & over half an hour 2 weeks ago. I don't see why I should take up more of my time to remove a fee that I shouldn't have. So frustrated. 

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

If you have been asked to return it then it is probably due to be returned despite what you have been told on chat. However, being told its yours and asking for it back is annoying. Do you have a router from your new ISP or are you using it for some reason?

If you have a copy of the chat, it may be worth adding it as a document, removing any personal data from it first

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

0 Likes